• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

Forces Facing Cut By A Fifth

Tony's Wars.
Remember only the other year the Gov was talking of 20-30 years in Ganistan.
Labour wanted all their wars but never wanted to pay for what is the most expensive exercise a Nation can get involved in.
Mind you they will never cancel their Euro Force items, what became of all those Italian made 'Jeeps' ? let alone Gorden's vote winning Big Ships.
We need action, Now not in a year or so's time.
Gorden's scorched earth policy will be the ruin of UK, which he wanted all along.
john

I bet the politicos will still want to grandstand as "Great Statemen", How The F*** they will manage it I do not know, unless they can co-opt the "EU Army".
WTF Over.
Gadge

As a four year member of RUSI, this news report is a bag of smelly poo. i will await the real RUSI report and read it in full before i fall upon my sword.

have to say thou, if true and if this is what the Lab government want; then they really are a bunch of CNUTS.

Lie to get us in to wars, dont give us the kit to fight hard then want to cut the numbers of troops!

ROLL ON THE ELECTIONS!

jonwilly said:
Yes the first thing to go
The Seat at the Top Table, no more Permanent Member, no more sorting out the worlds problems, cum on Gorden for once in your miserable pathetic existence Resign UK from that duty left over from the Days of Empire.
john
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/comment/...ion-has-brought-the-country-to-its-knees.html
Hang on, what's that got to do with anything? We managed to get involved in Iraq and Afghanistan without direct UN mandate, the mandates only followed afterwards to clear up the mess!

Still seems a damned silly thought from supposedly sensible people though. Given that we are more stretched than we've ever been it doesn't make any sense to cut back on the budget without reviewing the mission.

jonwilly said:
Yes the first thing to go
The Seat at the Top Table, no more Permanent Member, no more sorting out the worlds problems, cum on Gorden for once in your miserable pathetic existence Resign UK from that duty left over from the Days of Empire.
john
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/comment/...ion-has-brought-the-country-to-its-knees.html
What the F you talking about? What benefit is there from giving up UN status?
It is as bad as giving all power to Europe. Are you Gordon Brown?

If the Armed Forces get reduced any further, we will reach that stage where as the old joke goes, "when I joined we didn`t have service numbers, we all knew each other".

Drlligaf said:
If the Armed Forces get reduced any further, we will reach that stage where as the old joke goes, "when I joined we didn`t have service numbers, we all knew each other".
Or as it says in the ARRSEpedia, "1 Para...not a battalion, but the number of Paras left in the British Army!" 8O

Drlligaf said:
Very true, HMF must now be a minority group. In days gone by most familes had a member of the family who had served or was serving.

Is this not a deliberate act of downsizing to make our own Forces fit more neatly into the European Defence Force? Since we are hardly a nation state any more but a province of the EU, it makes sense that they will use the same undemocratic means of integrating our Forces as they have every other aspect of our nation. Ask Ashie, the original goal of 'ever closer integration' means that they only stop and put their pens down when we are a single state. Our European masters won't allow us the luxury of getting involved in these conflicts of our own accord for much longer, and they certainly don't have a history of openness and honesty so it falls into the pattern of subtle long term changes that would be made to fit us that bit closer together. Besides, once our Forces are too small and under-resourced to allow us the luxury of self determination we won't be in a position to act as we have done anyway.

mokaroux said:
As a four year member of RUSI, this news report is a bag of smelly poo. i will await the real RUSI report and read it in full before i fall upon my sword.

have to say thou, if true and if this is what the Lab government want; then they really are a bunch of CNUTS.

Lie to get us in to wars, dont give us the kit to fight hard then want to cut the numbers of troops!

ROLL ON THE ELECTIONS!
Surely Cyclops and his henchmen in the Defence inner circle are only squaring the circle. There's very little kit so all they're doing is cutting the number of people needed to use that kit.

And as the advert says "Simples".

Latest Threads