Forces discount on a new Mountain Bike

Discussion in 'Sports, Adventure Training and Events' started by Novelty_troop_tiff, May 20, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I've cracked my mountain bike frame so i'm in the market for a new bike, does anyone know of a dealer for either Marin or Giant mountain bikes that offer a good discount to squadies?
  2. Anyone? Might be more people awake now since my original post.
  3. elovabloke

elovabloke LE Moderator

According to the Forces Discount Web site These Do
  4. Any chance of getting it welded? If you own a Marin the frames are over-engineered and would stand a weld
  5. Nope, its cracked round the seat tube above the top lug, so not much chance of a rpeair. It was handbuilt for me a few years ago, so its had its abuse and served its purpose.
  6. Try a company in Wales called Wheelies Direct. They have stacks of deals and offer 15% discount if you can twist their arm!

Wheelies - 01792 583000

Fancy telemark skiing - check out my other posts!
  7. Why are you so struck on those brands? There are plenty brands out there that do the same thing. Also - if the rest of the bike is in decent order, just buy a new frame and transfer the parts across.
  8. offer a forces discount, though they sell Orange or Scott.

Dave Mellor in Shrewsbury may offer discount (they have for me in the past) They sell giant bikes.
  9. Mmmm you have a couple of very ugly ugly men in your team! However the team doctor is pretty cute!