Forces Discount Cards - do you carry one and which one(s) do you prefer?

MightyBigEgo

War Hero
You don’t have to buy gift cards as a gift, you can buy it and use it
The discount on the card becomes some free money
I use the DDS for the reloadable discounted Tesco giftcard...then use it for fuel...saves me a fortune.[/QUOTE]

FYI. Just found out today that Tesco no longer accepts the reloadable card for fuel.

They could also stop employing buffoons.

Birchanger Services. Junction 8. M11 last week.

Me. 'Afternoon, can I just have a piece of fish please? No chips.'

HR. 'Fish only comes with chips.'

Me. 'Well how about cooking the fish, but not the chips?'

Me. 'Aye, I hear you, is it a maths thing? I see your large fish and chips cost £8.99 and your large chips cost £1.99, How about just cooking the fish, no chips for £7?'

Me. 'So if I order a large portion of fish and chips at £8.99 and immediately put the chips in that bin over there, you'd be happy? Is that your policy? It's just a waste of food.'

HR. Fish only comes with chips.'

Me. 'Can I have a word with the manager?'

HR. 'I am the manager.'

Which pretty much told me all I need to know about Harry Ramsden's.
they were obviously taught by my SQMS who ran the sticky bar in Iraq as follows:

Me: hey staff, can I get a coke please.
SMQS: certainly, that's $1.
Me: thats a bit a steep, only $0.50 at the REME Bn.
SQMS: ah yes, but you get a free Mars Bar here.
Me: I don't want a free Mars Bar.
SQMS: still a dollar sir!

mrboo

War Hero
For the Defence Discout Card, I always check the offers before hitting Inverness,our nearest town that has worthwhile shops, but most of the offers are usually gift cards which s only any use if you are a spunktrumpet, but you sometimes find a gem, Harry Ramsdens is 30% off your meal which is pretty good if you like fish, which I do
After reading these posts I have a hankering for fish and chips unfortunately I live in Inverness and Harry Ramsdens shut down in 2016

XPara Mugg

War Hero
After recommending Harvester and their discounts, I thought I'd update.
About a year ago they restricted the discount to lunches and evenings only ie not breakfast, now they don't honour the card at all. Nor the Blue Light card.

Its a pity because it was convenient. I shall now drive a little further to a carvery where they do a good service on breakfasts and lunches at a good price. :hungry:

First they came for the breakfasts, and I did not speak out.

Then they came for the lunches, and I did not speak out.....................

;)

I got one a while back but to be honest I get much better discounts with my AA Breakdown card, double the amount in most instances, so I've never bothered to use the forces one.

Latest Threads