Forces Discount Cards - do you carry one and which one(s) do you prefer?

For the Defence Discout Card, I always check the offers before hitting Inverness,our nearest town that has worthwhile shops, but most of the offers are usually gift cards which s only any use if you are a spunktrumpet, but you sometimes find a gem, Harry Ramsdens is 30% off your meal which is pretty good if you like fish, which I do
Errr, I think you needed to read the subtext of what @The_Snail wrote. When she uses ‘smashing’ in that sort of sarcastic tone, it is best to consider self imposed exile even further away than Aberdeen. Outer Mongolia is, I am led to believe both picturesque and bracing at this time of year and probably just about far enough away for a first offence.

Harry Ramsden..........Now that is something I've missed - don't have one dahn sarf , at least I haven't heard of one ?
After eating in one, no, it's not something you've missed :)

What the heck's happened ? Not having been up that way for a while, I'm out of touch?
Crap food, crap service, simple as that...I don't know about you, but I prefer my fish and chips to be hot and served without a long delay :)

[QUOTE="abemnik, post: 8436810]....most of the offers are usually gift cards which s only any use if you are a spunktrumpet[/QUOTE]
You don’t have to buy gift cards as a gift, you can buy it and use it
The discount on the card becomes some free money

[QUOTE="abemnik, post: 8436810]....most of the offers are usually gift cards which s only any use if you are a spunktrumpet
You don’t have to buy gift cards as a gift, you can buy it and use it
The discount on the card becomes some free money[/QUOTE]

I use the DDS for the reloadable discounted Tesco giftcard...then use it for fuel...saves me a fortune.

I think their main problem was expanding to become a chain/franchise operation with the attendant problems with quality control
They could also stop employing buffoons.

Birchanger Services. Junction 8. M11 last week.

Me. 'Afternoon, can I just have a piece of fish please? No chips.'

HR. 'Fish only comes with chips.'

Me. 'Well how about cooking the fish, but not the chips?'

Me. 'Aye, I hear you, is it a maths thing? I see your large fish and chips cost £8.99 and your large chips cost £1.99, How about just cooking the fish, no chips for £7?'

Me. 'So if I order a large portion of fish and chips at £8.99 and immediately put the chips in that bin over there, you'd be happy? Is that your policy? It's just a waste of food.'

HR. Fish only comes with chips.'

Me. 'Can I have a word with the manager?'

HR. 'I am the manager.'

Which pretty much told me all I need to know about Harry Ramsden's.

Defence Discount Service is always a winner. But also ask various companies not on the card lists if they do offer veteran/serving military discounts as you will be surprised

As a franchisee, that’s probably his profit margin
If he is running a Fish & Chip shop business and relying on the sale of chips for his profit margin, he realy is a buffoon and small wonder that the biggest and once most respected chain of it's kind in the World is going tits up.

They could also stop employing buffoons.

Birchanger Services. Junction 8. M11 last week.

Me. 'Afternoon, can I just have a piece of fish please? No chips.'

Me. 'Well how about cooking the fish, but not the chips?'

Me. 'Aye, I hear you, is it a maths thing? I see your large fish and chips cost £8.99 and your large chips cost £1.99, How about just cooking the fish, no chips for £7?'

Me. 'So if I order a large portion of fish and chips at £8.99 and immediately put the chips in that bin over there, you'd be happy? Is that your policy? It's just a waste of food.'

HR. Fish only comes with chips.'

Me. 'Can I have a word with the manager?'

HR. 'I am the manager.'

Which pretty much told me all I need to know about Harry Ramsden's.
Was this him . . ?