Forces Discount Cards - do you carry one and which one(s) do you prefer?

As title suggests. I've come across a few sites offering them and I'm interested to know if there's a general favourite or if it's a case of collect them all? Thanks!

I have the Defence Discount Card.
I've made some decent savings with it tbh.
Me too. I Saved over £100 the first week I had it, on spending I had to do anyway. Handy for Harvester breakfasts when working away. I always ask when shopping in chains. Almost always recognised.

There is only one ‘official’ forces discount scheme:

Defence Discount Service

It’s identical to the Blue Light Scheme (just branded as Defence)
Under this there is the free option of validating yourself with a Defence email account and getting access to the website for offers, or upgrading to the full retail scheme by paying for a card

For anyone there is the option of just asking anywhere for a discount and it may or may not be given, for the armed services there is the option for asking for a forces discount and flashing your ID.
The Defence scheme and any discount scheme is just a promotion participation - retailers subscribe to a scheme to try to get business and individuals subscribe to a scheme to get a discount

It’s a matter of personal choice whether what is available is any value to you as an individual
On the majority of cases you can tend to find the same discount offered to other ‘communties’ or on the internet as a discount code

The most popular one for sure is the defence discount service card. Got to love that 50% off dominos

The most popular one for sure is the defence discount service card. Got to love that 50% off dominos
That was surprise. I’ve actually got a card just didn’t know there was a dominos deal
Dominos aren’t on the official Defence Discount Scheme list, but do offer Forces & emergency discounts, you just need your ID, but I assume they are accepting DDS as forces ID

However - nobody in their right mind pays full price at Dominos.
50% is their ‘standard’ discount with buy one get one free. If you only want one then get a pair of smaller ones instead
Walk in and get the routine deals, or download the app on your phone and order online & then walk in to pick up for the best discount choices.

DieHard

LE
Book Reviewer
I have a Defence discount card and a reward for forces. I have lost the reward for forces card which really wasn't that good and unlike the stricter DDC requiring proof of service, in my case my discharge certificate, it's open to abuse.
My DDC has saved me a lot when taking the family out for meals, 30% in Harry Ramsdens and on a couple of occasions 40% in a hungry horse pub diner.
I always ask retailers if the accept it when out shopping and to my pleasent surprise I found that quite a few who don't still give a discount from another scheme and on a few occasions used their staff discount.
There are some good people out there but if I go to pay for something and ask if they do a discount via the card and they get big headed and stroppy about the armed forces, I let them scan everything at the till and put the items in a bag. But when they say how much it is I have on occasion said that I have changed my mind and I don't want them now and then walk out of the shop. If they had been polite instead of impolite regarding the card I would pay the same price as everyone else. Ltfc and burger king do a discount but macshittys only accept the blue light card.

I use mine quite a bit, and when holidaying in Britain, I even use the discounts offered to the likes of Hoseasons, John Fowler and Haven, I get a lot of clothing discounted as well, must be me being a tight fisted Aberdonian because I love it

I use mine quite a bit, and when holidaying in Britain, I even use the discounts offered to the likes of Hoseasons, John Fowler and Haven, I get a lot of clothing discounted as well, must be me being a tight fisted Aberdonian because I love it
That's smashing. Have you got any more advice?

Dominos aren’t on the official Defence Discount Scheme list, but do offer Forces & emergency discounts, you just need your ID, but I assume they are accepting DDS as forces ID

However - nobody in their right mind pays full price at Dominos.
50% is their ‘standard’ discount with buy one get one free. If you only want one then get a pair of smaller ones instead
Walk in and get the routine deals, or download the app on your phone and order online & then walk in to pick up for the best discount choices.
Domioes in Alloa did accept Defence DIscount Card in October when I got them

That's smashing. Have you got any more advice?
For the Defence Discout Card, I always check the offers before hitting Inverness,our nearest town that has worthwhile shops, but most of the offers are usually gift cards which s only any use if you are a spunktrumpet, but you sometimes find a gem, Harry Ramsdens is 30% off your meal which is pretty good if you like fish, which I do

For the Defence Discout Card, I always check the offers before hitting Inverness,our nearest town that has worthwhile shops, but most of the offers are usually gift cards which s only any use if you are a spunktrumpet, but you sometimes find a gem, Harry Ramsdens is 30% off your meal which is pretty good if you like fish, which I do
Are you 4?