Forces Connect South West website.

At the VAPC South West meeting yesterday it was pointed-out that around 25% of UK Armed Forces veterans live in the South West. Wilts County Council Armed Forces Outreach Team have created a website with collated information from the regional Councils at;

There's an app, inevitably, with an increasing number of resources available, called "ForcesConnect".

Last edited:
It a bit of a growth industry this Veterans thing and Military Charities all chasing the money.

No doubt a good many jobs and positions available.

Trouble is these type of things make it out that if you are ex forces you cannot sort yourself out when you leave

I did my career left and have managed OK, I expect that because I have managed and been careful with my finances that I would be refused help anyway

Outreach team what ever next, I do not think this is what my Council tax should be spent on

Archie

It a bit of a growth industry this Veterans thing and Military Charities all chasing the money.

No doubt a good many jobs and positions available.

Trouble is these type of things make it out that if you are ex forces you cannot sort yourself out when you leave

I did my career left and have managed OK, I expect that because I have managed and been careful with my finances that I would be refused help anyway

Outreach team what ever next, I do not think this is what my Council tax should be spent on

Archie
You are quite entitled to your opinion, but with the greatest respect, around 5% are considered to be in need of assistance prior to, during, and/or after transition, hence the reason for such resources, and the recently-formed Defence Transition Service.

Latest Threads