Forces centre gets £24m boost

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by norse_yoda, May 6, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. BBC

Nicely timed before the Big Salute!

But is this new money or have they robbed the procurement budget again.

2. the_boy_syrup

the_boy_syrup LE Book Reviewer

About bloody time the goverment coughed up more money
    I wonder how many millions are being set aside for Burma as this is announced?
    Getting cynical in me old age

3. Oh look Labour are trying to win us all over again after the losses in the local elections.

4. Agreed Bossdog, I can't help thinking that the timing of this is a bit suspect.
    It is good news though.

5. Never should we look a gift-horse in the mouth............
    but you can bet there is much more to this than meets the eye.

(had a spollin mong there) :oops:

6. Ord_Sgt

Ord_Sgt RIP

Agreed, I can't think for a second ZANU NL have come over all forces friendly after their dispicable record other than to try and buy votes.

My distaste at their lack of previous investment is only tempred by the fact this 24 million is more than welcome.

7. 1. Good - about bl00dy time! The money is more than welcome - it is vital.

2. The timing is very suspicious :roll:

3. My bold - now you already know the answer don't you. Incidentally theft is a very strong word - get with it - its efficiency improvements :twisted:

8. What he said!

9. I agree with the above posts, being involved with Op Nimby 07, its good to see the goverment doing something at last, they could even do the usual liabour 'U' turn and keep Haslar open!

Stilts

10. oldbaldy

oldbaldy LE Moderator Good Egg (charities)
    1. Battlefield Tours

I wonder if it is 'new money' or if another part of the defence budget is being raided to pay for it?

11. My feelings exactly OB. There is no way this is "New Money". Somewhere a budget has had it guts ripped out.

12. Do not expect an above inflation pay rise next year. Probably a wee bit below next time I think.