Forces Bishop Praises Taliban

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Spanny, Dec 13, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Silly bloke, the taliban would'nt think twice about cutting his head off and dipping their balls down his open wound.

Admire away bishop :roll:

2. “
    Is it just me, we all know corruption and bribary are a way of life over there, when these immigrants emigrate to our shores, do they suddenley grow up, and become westernised. It would be horrible if they took backhanders after becoming elected members of the community.
    Thank glory be to God our own homegrown leaders are whiter than white.

3. Is that an acceptance that we are actually at war?

4. msr

msr LE

Myth and superstition have no place in the 21st Century.

It's about time the whole lot was kicked into touch.

msr

5. Well that one Anglican Bish who needs to sit on the Naughty Stool for a while, read his history... certainly read the recent history of the Talibandies..... and just how corrupt/cruel they are.... cor what a plonker..... :x

6. Before this devolves into a profound theological discussion I'll just point out that there's already a religion thread.

7. msr

msr LE

8. He may have half a point, but it's simply not his place to comment publicly about it. Headlines like this not only soften the Taliban's image among the British public, but fuel those thinking about joining the 'jihad' by lending it undeserved credibility.

9. msr

msr LE

10. “We must remember that there are a lot of people who are under their influence for a whole range of reasons, and we simply can’t lump all of those together.

“To blanket them all as evil and paint them as black is not helpful in a very complex situation.”

Bish

"...came a day after a new military strategy was unveiled that talked of the need to negotiate with the Taliban, offering them money or immunity from prosecution in order to secure peace. "

Torygraph

Being leaned on by the government for their new plan?

11. Well the taliban are theocratic nutters . Their " negative image " is well deserved is it not ?

And if we're talking about " sense of loyalty to each other " then why doesn't he mention corporal Mark Wright GC by name or any other of these squaddies who died helping their mates in Afghanistan .?

12. This quote stood out in particular to me. I guess he's right, if his idea of an “ordered system of family life” includes the female members of the family being virtual property for the males :roll:

13. The rantings and ideas of religious zealots should be ignored IMHO.

You can choose for yourself which ones I am talking about!

14. AND he forgot to mention, surely they won the beard-growing competition?