Forces Advertising

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by Bravo_Zulu, Sep 8, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Found this on YouTube; it's being shown in theatres across America to advertise the National Guard.

We, on the other hand, have those god-awful RAF radio adverts, featuring (of all warry things) crab ground stewards, and not particularly erudite ones either. And the ludicrous line "You don't have to be a pilot to fly in the RAF" (but it helps).

Should be recruit a bearded rocker (not Gary Glitter, I hasten to add :wink: ) and follow this road? Or is it simply a way to annoy cinema-goers? Air your views here!
  2. Whereas The Army has some Doris,getting wet,and being bossy in a hurricane!
  3. FRANK !! FRANK !! where the hell is Frank when you need him ??

4. Yeah, that fcukers got a lot to answer too :wink:

If you see Frank, kill him!
  5. because the average brit is too cynical to see past the cheese of such videos :roll:
  6. Dont know about that they voted blair in on cheesier speeches
  7. I notice that the latest TA recruitment poster is essentially a blank piece of paper.

Presumably the opportunities for adventurous training have been cut back.

Attached Files:

9. R.I.P Frank, Stand easy, you've done your bit etc etc...

Help me O God, when death is near,
    To mock the haggard face of fear,
    That when i fall-if fall i must-
    My soul may triumph in the dust.

Runs away and hides!!!
  10. Frank.He was The People's Prince etc etc.........
  11. vvaannmmaann - stop trying to jump on the Forces Advertising RIP Frank bandwagon. You didn't even know him - sprog. :)

Grief-stricken. Will remember us rock-climbing, wind-surfing and on the lash in Cyprus forever Frank
  12. I'll have you know,I was on The Balcony with Frank.And we painted The Boathouse.Of course,he went by his real name then.