Forced transfer of personnel to AFPS05

Discussion in 'Finance, Property, Law' started by Jailorinummqasr, Mar 29, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Sorry if this question has been asked before. I did a search, but I found nothing substantive..

I am hoping to transfer from SCC to PC after the next board.

Rumour Control have informed me that I will be automatically transferred to the AFPS05 whether I want it or not and this will applied to any changes to Terms of Service, including promotion.

Is this rumour true? Or where should go to get a pukka answer?

The last time of writing to AFPS Glasgow, I was told they could not answer this question. I am about to try again but I doubt that I will get a better answer this time.

2. Speak to the Forces Pension Society. These are the guys that stopped us getting totally****ed over on the new pension scheme. Believe me they did a lot of work while MOD happily sat by to watch us getting screwed as we have no union. Tel Nos:

General Sec (Retd Maj Gen from the RA so don't get too chippy!) 0207 582 0469
    Asst Gen Sec 0207 820 8225
    Pensions Sec 0207 820 9988
    Membership Sec 0207 820 9988
    Office Manager 0207 582 1070
    Secretary to the General Sec 0207 582 0469 (she's called Beverley and V helpful)

They're not part of the mob and are wholly independent. They're not a charity but they're a not-for-profit company.
    Hope this helps :D

3. Thanks Ferg will do.

Jailor

4. I don't think it is true just changing Commission type or being promoted wont change your scheme but going out and rejoining would.

5. You are correct. Changing commission type or extending is not treated as a break and you will still receive the Offer to Transfer to the new scheme.

Incidentally, the rules of the the scheme state that if the break in service is less than a month, it is not counted as a break for pension purposes. So leaving and rejoining within a month is not a break.