For what the Tories are about to receive...

FORMER_FYRDMAN

LE
Book Reviewer
As a lifelong Tory voter, with the occasional trip to the Lib Dems locally and UKIP in the Euro elections in the days when they were not channelling Ernst Rohm, I would like to place on record my eager anticipation of the richly deserved malletting currently scheduled for Theresa May's cohorts and the supine scum who lack the cohones to issue her a P45.

Whatever one's political views, surely the sweetest sight in public life is that of careerist swine headed for the professional abattoir because they lack the fundamental human virtue of courage, largely because they're mediocre middle management detritus. It may be a guilty pleasure but I do so love watching the ambitious but risk averse coming to the appalling realisation that there's no-one else to throw under the bus and that their only option is to put themselves in harm's way and grow a pair.

How is everyone else viewing the forthcoming carnage of the Local Elections?

Given either very low turnout, massive punishment votes against tories councila, or both, I think the frantic spin to be seen on Fri 3 May may be wondrous to behold, as some poor s0d who hasn't seen the wrong end of a tv camera crew is pushed out of CCHQ to be the sacrifical lamb, or else give Comical Ali a run for his money...

I also expect the line" voters showing their dissatisfaction at MPs not passing the PM's WA" to feature in a strong and stable manner

I wasn't even going to leave the house on Thursday, well certainly not to vote, however following the revelations about having a potential extra £300 tax to pay for my non-existent care in my old age, and their failure to listen on the issue of Northern Ireland Veterans I will turn out to spoil my ballot by making clear in writing what I think of their party and policies. I should point out that I am an ex lifelong Conservative voter, a position that will not change now.

I think the tories will get hammered in local and EU elections meaning a heck of a lot of good, hard working people are going to lose their jobs because of Theresea May's approach to Brexit. As a result I fully expect local councils to be Labour led and very quickly being driven to the same mess the country would be under Corbyn.

Again I blame Brexit*

* Or May's version of it :x

Unfortunately I live in an area where you could pin a red rose on a fecking cabbage and it would be voted in as the Labour candidate.

ScooterDog

Swinger
Lincoln City is massive Labour, with only one small slice being Conservative.

In my ward, (continously Labour) I have the usual 4 choices. Lab. Con, LibDem and Green, so (as a life long Conservative) there is little I can do really. Abstain perhaps?

I wrote to my local, Tory, MP, leaving him in no doubt that I cannot bring myself to vote for the shit show, that is his party at any level in the foreseeable future.
It's now inhabited by a bunch of no hope inept failures that make the RAF Regiment look professional. I can see no way back for them unless there is a massive clear out of the dross, which is highly unlikely. Why would anyone jump aboard a sinking ship? It's like expecting quality players to sign for a team facing relegation.
Did, I mention they're shit?

Whatever one's political views, surely the sweetest sight in public life is that of careerist swine headed for the professional abattoir because they lack the fundamental human virtue of courage, largely because they're mediocre middle management detritus.
That's poetry.

How is everyone else viewing the forthcoming carnage of the Local Elections?
Ready with a bottle of Mead to celebrate politicians having their Portillo moment

1556567989479.png

that is all

Voted Tory ever since I was old enough to vote. Although I am a great believer in everybody playing their part in a democratic process I simply cannot bring myself to vote for anybody at the moment - and it's not likely to change anytime soon.

This is a proper blue area but we are not having local elections. The following week I expect the local Tories to push their rag through the door saying how well they have done with no changes made in our “strong and stable” borough.

Cold_Collation

LE
Book Reviewer
Mixed feelings on this. Don't fancy the outcome of a 'punishment vote' but am f*cking livid at May's handling of Brexit. Her attempt to engineer an 'out but not out' solution has not only failed, it has left us looking weak and indecisive.

We deserve change. We don't deserve a Corbyn government. The Tory Party might but we as a country don't.

Mixed feelings on this. Don't fancy the outcome of a 'punishment vote' but am f*cking livid at May's handling of Brexit. Her attempt to engineer an 'out but not out' solution has not only failed, it has left us looking weak and indecisive.

We deserve change. We don't deserve a Corbyn government. The Tory Party might but we as a country don't.
It’s not a GE. Punish the local idiots who put May where she is. When they are out and cooling their heels for a bit they can have a collective knock of the head and think about the future. Vote em out. Do it.

Latest Threads