For Ugly....

Discussion in 'Shooting, Hunting and Fishing' started by Gremlin, Jun 25, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Gremlin

Gremlin LE Good Egg (charities)

Finally got round to getting one after all these years......

• Like Like x 9
  2. Congrats, she/he (?) looks great! Enjoy having a dog, it's great. :)
  3. You wanted to get a red X? :?

Red X Dog.JPG
  4. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

Good choice, you know where to come for training books and kit. I take it the dog will read the training notes?
  5. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

P.S. if that is yours, the light eyes are a particular trait looked for by the older trainers for biddablity!
    • Like Like x 1
  6. I also appreciate the depth of field. Grand looking dog mate.
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Gremlin

Gremlin LE Good Egg (charities)

I like the idea, but I'm trusting more in the 5 generations of FtCh's behind her..

That was a bonus btw, she was bred by a friend. She started retrieving to order at 12 weeks! :)
    • Like Like x 2
  8. [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  9. Nice pup, at that age it looks a lot like a small munsterland setter (KLM, Kleine Munsterlander or heide Wachtelhund), which is my favourite allrounder. My own KLM dog is 12 now, despite hearing loss and weak eyesight, he's still the boss dog and he is still fit enough to mix it with the piggies.

Start em young I say:

10. But what about the Pekinese* is what we really want to know :)

* - and the neighbours and the lodgers and the ...
  11. Ugly, interesting comment on the eye colour. When a pup or springer cross had bright yellow eyes - and was known as the Devil Dog with good reason. He's just turned four and they've now turned orange, he's a lot calmer and well-behaved but the manic stare is the same....
    • Like Like x 1
  12. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

Keith Erlandsson was always on about the eyes of pups but many other good trainers say dont worry!