For those who knew Tim Russert

Discussion in 'Multinational HQ' started by Devil_Dog, Jun 14, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Now that this interviewer extraordinaire is no more, I would like to suggest a few conspiracy theories.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/25145431/?GT1=43001

Did he fall or was he pushed? Republicans seem to be in a heap of trouble, what with subpoenas and all and the prospect of a Democrat in the Whitehouse and investigations and inquiries etc etc. What better time than now to start erasing potential adverse witnesses?

Me, I think Timmy was extinguished. Just as old Scott McClellan will be extinguised in a bizzare skiing "accident."

RIP old boy. Sunday morning will never be the same without you.

2. Russert was the last thing NBC had in the way of credability, with him dead the "news" division is as good as dead.

I hope Chris Matthews is next, followed by Katie and then Tom.

Sorry can't get worked up over another journo bitiing it...

3. DD, are you suggesting the GOP murdered Tim Russert?

4. You'd have thought the Pope, JFK and assorted royalty had all died on the same day if the coverage was anything to go on. By the morning of the second day I was shaking my head at the TV when trying to catch some news saying 'ok he's dead, WE GET IT, he's dead'.

Russert was OK, not great just OK. He had his good points and was certainly better than toothless Chris Matthews who's devolved into softball-throwing BS. But Russert--who'd been a regular on his show and friend of his--ran like a friggin' scared child from Don Imus when he came under fire for a perceived racial slur, I just thought what a chickens--t.