For those of you who do practice CFTs.....

Discussion in 'Army Reserve' started by Praetorian, May 14, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Just bought one of these on ebay, and seeing as they're like hens teeth to find (at least in my neck of the woods), I thought i'd share the knowledge!

Cheers all

Prae

2. Excellent find Prae,

I've been after one for a while :D

3. I've seen them in farm hardware shops and so on too. Similar price to what you paid.

4. For those of us not blessed with the ability to access eBay during the day, would you care to enlighten us??

CG

5. Why the fuck would you want to practise doing a CFT?

6. BRAND NEW

SPRING BALANCE

(SCALES)

DON`T EVER GET CAUGHT

PAYING EXCESS BAGGAGE

CHARGES AGAIN.

THIS HANDY SET OF SCALES WEIGHS FROM 0-50kg IN DIVISIONS OF 0.5kg

CHECK YOUR LUGGAGE,

PUT THEM IN YOUR CASE,

AND DON`T GET CAUGHT

OVER WEIGHT

COMING HOME WITH

YOUR DUTY FREE GOODS

ONE SAVING ON WEIGHT WILL

MORE THAN PAY FOR THESE SCALES.

"BAG A BARGAIN"

BID NOW!

7. my bathroom scales work just fine

8. BBear

BBear LE Reviewer

I just use known weights. 2 litres of water = 2 kg, bags of flour/sugar etc.

I know probs not best to use dead weight, but it's easier than packing/repacking the bloody bergan every time you want to go! Cheers for the heads up though!

9. Because MATTS state that you must complete 5 training periods before attempting the CFT

10. Why would you buy one when they are available through the system?

11. Are you trying to Wah me?

12. They're £4 from most hardware stores (and anglers stores, for weighing fish) in my experience (having broken several and having to get replacements).

Of course, you can get 25kg bags of sand from B&Q (I got 25kg of Kiln dried sand for £2.70 last week, which is what I carry now, replacing a collection of books and magazines, FHM is particularly good to run with....)

13. Alright alright! No need for the debate!

Its just that I thought it might fill a need, surely I can't be the only bloke who does these as a part of my personal phys!

[​IMG]

Thats for whoever it was who couldn't see it :)

14. Doing my next practice on Wednesday morning Prae, so you're not on your own Mate!

If you're expected to pass it, you've got to train for it.

15. 'fraid not, not supposed to do it cold, your s'posed to have completed a series of practices leading up to the main event,more so now we're at six miles (15km)