For those of you who do practice CFTs.....

BRAND NEW

SPRING BALANCE

(SCALES)

DON`T EVER GET CAUGHT

PAYING EXCESS BAGGAGE

CHARGES AGAIN.

THIS HANDY SET OF SCALES WEIGHS FROM 0-50kg IN DIVISIONS OF 0.5kg

CHECK YOUR LUGGAGE,

PUT THEM IN YOUR CASE,

AND DON`T GET CAUGHT

OVER WEIGHT

COMING HOME WITH

YOUR DUTY FREE GOODS

ONE SAVING ON WEIGHT WILL

MORE THAN PAY FOR THESE SCALES.

"BAG A BARGAIN"

BID NOW!

BBear

LE
Kit Reviewer
I just use known weights. 2 litres of water = 2 kg, bags of flour/sugar etc.

I know probs not best to use dead weight, but it's easier than packing/repacking the bloody bergan every time you want to go! Cheers for the heads up though!

They're £4 from most hardware stores (and anglers stores, for weighing fish) in my experience (having broken several and having to get replacements).

Of course, you can get 25kg bags of sand from B&Q (I got 25kg of Kiln dried sand for £2.70 last week, which is what I carry now, replacing a collection of books and magazines, FHM is particularly good to run with....)

Alright alright! No need for the debate!

Its just that I thought it might fill a need, surely I can't be the only bloke who does these as a part of my personal phys!

Thats for whoever it was who couldn't see it :)

StabTiffy2B said:
drain_sniffer said:
StabTiffy2B said:
Why the fuck would you want to practise doing a CFT?
Because MATTS state that you must complete 5 training periods before attempting the CFT
Are you trying to Wah me?
'fraid not, not supposed to do it cold, your s'posed to have completed a series of practices leading up to the main event,more so now we're at six miles (15km)

FFBox said:
StabTiffy2B said:
drain_sniffer said:
StabTiffy2B said:
Why the fuck would you want to practise doing a CFT?
Because MATTS state that you must complete 5 training periods before attempting the CFT
Are you trying to Wah me?
'fraid not, not supposed to do it cold, your s'posed to have completed a series of practices leading up to the main event,more so now we're at six miles (15km)
thought 6 miles was 10 k??

BBear said:
I just use known weights. 2 litres of water = 2 kg, bags of flour/sugar etc.

I know probs not best to use dead weight, but it's easier than packing/repacking the bloody bergan every time you want to go! Cheers for the heads up though!
With you there, BB. I use a load of two litre bottles of water, made up to 45 lbs. They fill the bergan out quite nicely, and are useful for a drink at the end also. :)

So what happens when the unit is sent out for their 2 MATTS weekends a year with no build up training (either not scheduled or people could not make it) and people are injured or fail it?

I got one off eBay a few months ago and they're great. String it up with a prussic loop over one of them pull-up bar thingies and bob's yer auntie's live-in lover! Great stuff.

Latest Threads