For those interested:Veterans Badge

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by DodgerH, Nov 8, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. blue-sophist

blue-sophist LE Good Egg (charities)

http://www.veteransagency.mod.uk/vets_badge/vets_badge.htm

I think - looked yesterday and the criteria hadn't changed yet [need ARRSE to run their website :lol: ] However, Forces Pension Society magazine [yesterday] said imminent, so .....

All the numbers etc. are there.

Gosh - I'm going to be a veteran :(

2. I was surprised to recieve the above mentioned badge on my (retirement) from the Army automatically. Whilst I do not feel comfortable in calling myself a veteran, or indeed regarding myself as retired, I will dig out the accompanying letter on request and let you know where it originated from. Feel free to PM me for details Dodger.

3. blue-sophist

My apologies to Veterans Agency - today they have current data and a revised application form. :oops:
    .... And my application's already in the post using the old form :oops: :oops:

4. I have one too and its gathering dust in a drawer along with my medal and other booty!!

5. Why the cut off-shouldn't it be available to all who served regardless of the dates?

6. oldbaldy

oldbaldy LE Moderator Good Egg (charities)
    1. Battlefield Tours

As far as I am aware it is purely a numbers thing.
    If they were go go for the lot at once they could not cope.
    By rolling out in 10 year cycles plus those currently being discharged makes the whole exercise managable. Don't know when the 70s will come in but as all NS can now claim the extra numbers eligible should begin to drop.
    Anyway I always thought I was an ex-serviceman, now I find I have a badge that say I am a veteran. Am I now a Yank?

7. blue-sophist

Because you can't be a veteran if you only have 3 months service and haven't mastered how to post an avatar ! :lol: :lol:

PS - mine arrived today - just under 2 weeks from application, which for something in the MoD system is quite something!

8. I found that a distinctive avatar led in part to my unmasking by the thought police at my directorate-hence reinvention :D

I was thinking about Mrs Devexwarrior who did 3 years in the 90's-though she might not take kindly to being referred to as a veteran.

9. Who needs a badge?

We all know you can spot the ex-serviceman amongst the civvies purley by their bearing, pride and can do attitude....... no matter what their circumstances. :thumright:

Ok.. ok it's free ....... :wink: