For the viewers down Gloucester way/West Country

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Wija, Jul 22, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. The power sub station covering that area is going to be going down - The Army (don't know who - have been tasked to save it/stop it being flooded and if they can't it will go down...

Just to let you all know! Isn't on the news yet but it has come into us here and the headless chicken brigade are stating....

Nothing on the news yet, but they are saying water supplies are being lost.
  2. Just got a call from 2 Sigs to say that they are now ready and "where did you want us to go?"

Hpe you are on here - it was apparently a pleasant female WOII
  3. Is this what you'd call a leak?

I'll get my coat....
  4. Cow

Cow LE

Now that's funny, sandbagging race... GO! Hope they just get builders sacks full of sand, saves hours of bagging.
  5. Cow

Cow LE

Troop usage:

Read: they've not been asked..
  6. well, im in gloucester, we still have power and the water is running, just.

Flood defences are holding, but only a couple of inch in it!

For the first time in ages i'm looking forward to work tomorrow so i can use their ablutions
  7. Well when Hull got flooded the government gave them Millions of pounds to clear up the mess. I haven't heard any promises being made for middle England, I wonder if that is due to the fact they don't vote Labour
  8. Update from my last,

Water is now off, but there are water bowsers everywhere now. Unfortunatly all the pikeys don't believe in community spirit and are out there with pots and pans. They don't seem to realise that if they could get this water in, there is more and they can share it!

Some parts of gloucester are without electricity but thankfully my house still has it!

The flood defences are still holding, but th eprison is being evacuated. They expect it to peak artound midnight tonght, even though it stopped rising last night. Depends which radio station you listen to!

9. Who is the MP for Hull? 2 Jags! Nuff Said 8O
  10. We're currently on standby but for some reason we're stuck in the gates when I know most of the lads are ready and raring to go and help out.
  11. Aparrently the RAF are dealing with it!!!!!!
  12. Cow

Cow LE

Cable and Wireless have just emailed us to tell us we're about to lose comms for about 15% of our network... Great.
  13. When half of Europe was under water a few years ago they received millions in help from the community fund.Why is it when the UK is under water and in need of help do silly politicians run and hide up their own bums to avoid awkward question from the public by visiting the emergency services offices and control centres.The fly off to other places like Africa to see how they can help THEM.
  14. It was just a heads up guys - we hd been given the nod to deploy or stuff for the emergency services.

Also at present we have a Tech Sgt and a WOII in our NMC from 2 Signal Brigade... which is nice.
  15. Are Gurkha Sigs down there as well? Saw some very industrious types working away on that power station.

Was there a water replen issue? ITN reported it as 18 hours....