for the troops

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by Scotty18, Sep 10, 2006.

?
  1. Yes

95.9%
  2. No

4.1%

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Would you support a defence budget rise greater than the one we had in 2003-05?

I for one am totally for it, without this our troops will be flying clapped out Sea-Kings, missing flak jackets and operating bowman systems that could explode at any moment.

2. I suspect on this website, you may have cornered the market!

3. Bit of a no brainer really - it's like asking a child if he wants a rise in pocket money isn't it?

4. I would much prefer the existing budget to be better spent rather than wasted, which is what usually happens to any Government budget.

5. Mmmmm, might get a few of the folk at DPA monaing but at the end of the day, if the money we have was spent a little more wisely, would we really need to up the buget?

You only need to look at some of the recent fiascos, even since the advent of 'Smart Procurement' to see that we are quite lterally chucking money away - can contracterisation of vehicle fleets for example, really be THAT economical when compared to getting guys who are already being paid to do the job look after the kit?. Myself, I think not.

6. Yep, thats about right

7. Yes, a raise in the defence budget is needed. A raise in the defence budget should be used to used to raise the pay of our forces personnel to levels comparable with civvie street. Additionally the government should act to reduce the tax burden of our people.

8. Wasted! new comfy chairs that stop backache in the MOD, fresh prawn sarnies (not the reconstituded crap we eat) a waste of money pllllease dont dis the armchair elite! LOL