For the good and benefit of the Mess

Discussion in 'Seniors' started by Fugly, Jun 13, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Fugly

Fugly LE DirtyBAT

In a hope of inspiring some faith in Mess life / culture, please impart anything you or another Mess member may have done - completely off your own back, no prompting from the RSM / PMC - in order to improve your Mess.

For instance:

A non-alcohol drinking WO1 (not the RSM!) in my mess had himself trained up as a fully-fledged member of the bar staff, purely so he could assist behind the bar at Mess meetings and any functions he wasn't personally attending. No financial reward at all, he just did it to enhance the service during busy periods.
  2. I drink a vast ammount of alcohol at mess functions allowing all proceeds to go towards the benefits of the mess. Well that is until Sodexho highwaymen have taken control of the mess.

I also kindly donated a bottle of fine port last week after a ladies dinner night to the RSM on Monday morning for the benefit of the mess with at least 30+ other seniors.

Were a friendly mess here.
  3. Auld-Yin

Auld-Yin LE Reviewer Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

So - fully trained Mess staff.

"Right son, firstly you use their rank when addressing them - they can address you by your a. rank; b. last name; c. 'Barman!'

Secondly - what you hear stays with you and does not go outside. (Aye right - some of the best stories came from Mess staff.)

Lastly - you are permitted to have the beer from the PMC/RSM after the bar is shut. All the remaining drink belongs to the Mess and stays. (Once again - aye right.)"

Fair do's to your WO1 for piling in though. It is really a good way to join in without imbibing and he was supporting his Mess and Mess members.
  4. A_Y did you even bother to read what the topic was?

it was not when i was a mess barman, it was what did you do to improve the mess?

Now where you ever a member of the Sgt's mess?

For my part i helped plenty of members have a good time in my mess by doing lots of duty ROS etc especially after a good mess do...cheaper than bottles of port but a bit time consuming...
  5. Auld-Yin

Auld-Yin LE Reviewer Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

I am sorry that I have not responded to this before now. In answer to your question - Yes, and left as a CSgt.

Your second para graph is a bit confusing. Did you do duties after fecking up in the Mess (if you treated the Mess like you do as an Arrse MOD then I doubt it)? Or was it you were such a goody - goody that you volunteered for duty every time there was a Mess do just so you did not have to pay?

6. What..... left as a C/Sgt - what's that got to do with improving the mess.

This reply does not even make sense - have you been smoking crack?
  7. he might be pissed again, who knows?, he was a C/Sgt well fcuk me that's impressive but i didn't ask your rank, i just asked had you ever been a member of the mess, a simple yes would have sufficed.
    How I treated the mess ?, what has that got to do with how i mod the naafi? ( again leads me to think he is on the meths again)

so no real surprise he is confused..

2ndly i said AFTER a mess do most seniors I should have imagined got the meaning of what i said, so no i didn't skive out of any of the mess functions so who made you confused? the fact you couldn't understand what i had typed?