For some reason we're getting saturated with Newcastle Brown Ale in the States

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by Lower_Jumper, Nov 13, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. It's worth a taste but definitely not award winning. I'll drink it when no other Euro beers are available but I'd rather something dark. If I were to hit London pubs, what should I order?
  2. Don't hit the London pubs, mate, Go to Berlin instead and get some Schulteiss.
  3. theakstons old peculiar :)
  4. The reason for this is simple. The stuff is bottled in Yorkshire, and by simply pumping from the River Wharfe John Smith's Brewery make an awful lot of money selling it to the undiscerning.
  5. Good, but the Riggwelter's better.

PS It's Peculier, BTW.
  6. London Pride
  7. Ruddles ruddles ruddles, bloody word count
  8. Definitely London Pride......although Old Speckled Hen gets my vote too......
  9. Anything involving a MILF with huge bangers pulling on a bit of penis-shaped wood, with the end result being a frothy mass of indeterminable liquid ending up in your pint glass.

Spitfire, Old Badger's Nipple-something along those lines.
  10. Ruddles County.
  11. 6X or Fursty Ferret
  12. You're not drinking enough of it, try doing 10+ bottles in a row for full effect. Hope you know the County Sheriff.
  13. Murphys Stout
  14. Anything which sounds German or at least Continental. Avoid drinking any of the local pish, as after 6 or 7 pints of it you begin to sound like Dick van Dyke and develop a strange desire for 'buttons' and 'jellied eels'...cor blimey.
  15. Scrumpy with a rat in?