For Service Families - Victory Services Club offer - 21st DECEMBER 11

Discussion in 'The Other Half' started by Goatman, Dec 2, 2011.

?

The Victory Services Club London.....?

Poll closed Jan 4, 2012.
  1. Whats that then ?

7.7%
  2. Know it well and would recommend to anyone who asks

92.3%
  3. Prefer the Union Jack Club

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Cant stand the UJC - is it a better option ?

0 vote(s)
    0.0%

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Goatman

Goatman LE Book Reviewer

here y'go.....

For those who don't know it, the VSC is the other Central London club for ALL Servicemen and their families, just off Marble Arch in London. Their Website is HERE tri service all ranks military club :: Victory Services Club ::

The bar has just had a facelift and the accom is fine for an overnight and about a third of the cost of most Central London hotels.

If in doubt, check it out with the Army Families federation beforehand.

Enjoy,

Goats

2. My missus has stayed there on a few occasions, and has never had any real complaints (other than London is noisy at night), and she quite happily returns there. There are different standards of accommodation, and if you want to pay the lowest rate, you should expect a basic level. Amongst the reasons why the VSC is a better choice for us over the UJC is that my missus is a member in her own right (as a spouse of a serving member of the forces) and that membership is free, in the UJC, she would have to pay for membership to be able to use the facilities in my absence.

3. What is the situation with old and bold, former servicemen/women?

Doing a trip to london in mid january, are we welcome or is it serving only?

4. My old man's a member and stays there every so often. I believe you would have to pay a membership fee though, unlike those currently serving.

5. check the website - I think it's £20 a year for ex-serving. I'd recomend the food - it's very good and very reasonably priced

6. Goatman

Goatman LE Book Reviewer

I am no longer serving - and still a Member although I've only stayed there on a few occasions.

Saw this today - which I didn't know about. Now you do too....

7. maninblack

maninblack LE Book Reviewer

VSC is a good facility, very good value for money and does a decent breakfast. It is two minutes from Marble Arch near the West end of Oxford Street.

Membership is open to ex-forces and children of ex-forces so even your kids in their twenties can join for only a few quid.

8. Excellent location and value. Easy stagger from Marble Arch station.

9. Goatman

Goatman LE Book Reviewer

Well that seems to have gone well anyroad:

SOURCE

10. Free? Is that because you have a paid membership? My membership costs me 20 quid a year iirc.

11. Tytus_Barnowl

Tytus_Barnowl On ROPs

Its £20 a year for ex serving, but membership runs from month of starting unlike UJC which is January to January regardless of when you join. What I especially like about the place is that its great to invite business clients for a bite or a drink during the day. Because of the location the try to mirror the Park Lane Dorchester with the concirge greeting service , very impressive, the bar is open plan and clean looking. All you get faced with at the UJC is some grumpy ex Gurkha demanding ID before you enter this 70s style retro establishment filled to the uxters with noisy drunks.

12. "... my missus is a member in her own right (as a spouse of a serving member of the forces) ..."

Link.