For Securtity in Iraq, A turn to British Know-How

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by yank_eyetie, Aug 24, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Very interesting article. This caught my eye,

Are there any US firms of note doing the job now?
  2. If the congression report on Intel is to belived there are plenty of firms providing Intel services to US Government.

As for ArmourCorps, was it not just brought by BAE.

In the end this is just old fashioned protectionism...perhap the Rep Kaptur would consider sending another 100,000 serviceman to IZ to replace all the contractors.....or maybe not!
  3. Anybody remember the good old days after "mission accomplished" when Bush -- heady with victory--declared that no contract offers from 'freedom hating countries' like France would be considered?

Boy, those were the days.

4. From that post article:
    What they more ought to question are why American commanders in the American military in need of private contractors to protect them.
    They don't need them, they are in the military.

These private companies are becoming like tape worms inveigling themselves into the public armed forces and sucking the life blood out of them. It shouldn't be allowed.
  5. Political expedience or what? Isn't the UN giving some of these companies jobs now? They're going to grow and grow.
  6. That armoured vehicle looked like it had been designed by a committee!
    Why the hell is the US Army Corps of Engineers being protected by PMC's? Can we draw a conclusion that the US are in overstretch?
    Fron what I have seen they do a good job, but the Yanks did make me laugh- goatee's, pony tails and adorned with a collection of knives that John J Rambo would have been proud of. Not to mention their low profile on the road!