For QOY....

Discussion in 'Army Reserve' started by Boxy, Dec 9, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Does anyone out there have access to the 'Desert' fox embroidered cloth capbadge that was produced or failing that the printed green one? I'm after a couple if possible.

2. Could always try contacting your nearest squadron and buying one for their PRI Contact Us - British Army Website

3. I have, they haven't got any hence the wider appeal.

4. Boxy, don't sweat it. Nearly every large base in Afg ( including Kabul ) has a pet tailor or two who is continually employed making webbing, flags, pennants, embroidered tshirts, baseball caps, UBACS badges and just about anything else an idle mind can come up with.

When you rock up, show the tailor your capbadge ( or, better, a print out of it ), and let him crack on - it'll only cost a few dollars and you can easily get the design altered to taste. If you're feeling particularly public-spirited, you could take a list of items the Regt'l PRI want to sell and have them made in large quantity over your tour.

Personally I think that sauntering around with customised & capbadged patches, baseball cap, webbing, notebook cover etc is gayer than grinning with delight as a succession of bald moustachio'd German bikers in leather SS outfits take turn to penetrate you to the sounds of Right Said Fred.

...But a TRF would be alright.

For your information, encouraging people to unwittingly wear patches reading "Kabul Zionist Conspiracy Club" in Dari is a joke that could well rebound on you. Just so you know.

Charlie

5. Y'know Charlie I hadn't even thought of that D'oh. I'll stick with the TRF then!

6. ROFL ROFL!!!!! The kit monster himself stopped dead in his tracks!

7. the_boy_syrup

the_boy_syrup LE Book Reviewer

I thought it was your good self who bought almost all of them when we went on Telic?
    Tiwan went on three shifts just to keep up with you

Never thought I'd see the day you ran out of kit......

8. TBS Aye swappsies I only got two but as Charlie says above, there's a tailors in camp.....

DE, I know when I'm beat.

9. What are you thinking about? A man of you advanced years out and about in the Green Zone? Mentalist! If you get a chance get me one of the new daysacks. My lot won't let me go again (for a while).