For Ladies of a certain age...

Discussion in 'Finance, Property, Law' started by Litotes, Apr 28, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Ladies,

If you are of a certain age, and you took time off from work to have children, or to serve alongside hubby in BAOR or even further afield, it is more than likely that you will not have sufficient stamps to entitle you to a full Old Age Pension in your own right.

I understand that, as a result of last year's Budget, the Government is giving you the opportunity to buy back a dozen of those years and I have seen several articles on how useful and profitable this is. The BBC One Show has just carried just such an item.

A search of Google and a visit to the DWP's website might be of benefit to you. If you don't do nothing else, you should establish that you are on the computer (!) and entitled to an Old Age Pension @ 60.

Off course, if you don't want to reveal your identity and age by responding to this post, I will understand. :D :D :D

2. I thought that if you were receiving child benefit in your name (the wife) then that was your NI Stamp paid, and therefore your old age pension at 60 / 65 would be quite safe.

If there still is going to be one in the future is a totally separate matter :(