For England, Harry and St George!

"For England, Harry and St George!"

legend has it that Henry V got that quote from tropper.

Should we mention 1966 as well?

Wordsmith

LE
Book Reviewer
If our 'great' leader CMD knew his history, he should have been ending every sentence at the recent EU conference/bitchfight with 'remember Agincourt'. Instead he let Sarkosy get the better of him verbally.
Not to mention Crecy and Poitiers.

England 3, France 0 after extra time (about 100 years).

But I still maintain it was a waste of a very presentable bit of totty burning Joan of Arc at the stake.

Wordsmith

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer

Sixty

ADC
Book Reviewer

But I still maintain it was a waste of a very presentable bit of totty burning Joan of Arc at the stake.

Wordsmith
Except of course, France won the Hundred Years War but let's not let the facts get in the way of some petty triumphalism.

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
Except of course, France won the Hundred Years War but let's not let the facts get in the way of some petty triumphalism.
Were you lot on their side that time as well?? Just to give the Frogs a semblance of having a backbone :)

Wordsmith

A bit too butch for me,,but yes I would even if she did stink of garlic....

Attachments

Sixty

ADC
Book Reviewer
Were you lot on their side that time as well?? Just to give the Frogs a semblance of having a backbone :)
Yep, we're claiming that one by proxy - our previous 'excursions' south not proving quite the staggering successes we'd hoped for :)

TheIronDuke

ADC
Book Reviewer
So we can congratulate them on winning it?
No. The frogs stitched us again. Remind me who 'won' the 2012 Olympics would you?

[video=youtube;BcxRfg96dTQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BcxRfg96dTQ[/video]

cnuts

cent05zr70

On ROPS
On ROPs
I remembers she.
Ethel the Ready.