For any Old & Bold AAC Heli Pilots on the forum...

Having an idle browse on the internet, and came across this advert of an airframe for sale:

I wonder if any of the membership that flew this type might be interested, and might have the space, and the dosh, to grab their own personal transport?

964ST

LE
Remember doing a „mountain flying“ Sorte from Ballykelly (was getting dropped home in the capital of the highlands to try and help , my ballsack?) Pilot „Mad Bill S“ and co pilot C of H with the Bugger Grips!
Flying down the glorious landscape, mad Bill spots a Scout and lands on the front garden of the Duke of Atholl estate. The windows were single pained! And the Lynx was pushing just fitting on the lawn!

The Duke comes out with cans of McEwans, then the son (yes he had a scout parked on the estate and was TA reserve??) Does a flight with Bill.

Just watch out if you buy a Scout that you might have unexpected guests :)

edited :- cause I did not know he was the Duke of Atholl (and not a Lord).

Last edited:

964ST

LE
My „EX“ German Boss has a Bell 47 (absolute MASH copy! ) and flying!!??

As an ex REME (BaT) When asked if I want to go for a flight?

“Fück Right Off!!“

ColdWarWorrier

Old-Salt
I haven’t got the space or the dosh, but if some other Arrser is feeling flush, I’ll quite happily fly it for them. I’m not doing much at the moment.

Issi

LE
Remember doing a „mountain flying“ Sorte from Ballykelly (was getting dropped home in the capital of the highlands to try and help , my ballsack?) Pilot „Mad Bill S“ and co pilot C of H with the Bugger Grips!
Flying down the glorious landscape, mad Bill spots a Scout and lands on the front garden of the Lord Atholl estate. The windows were single pained! And the Lynx was pushing just fitting on the lawn!

The Lord comes out with cans of McEwans, then the son (yes he had a scout and was reserve??) Does a flight with Bill.

Was your Mad Bill S, also known as Barking?

Flying down the glorious landscape, mad Bill spots a Scout and lands on the front garden of the Lord Atholl estate. The windows were single pained! And the Lynx was pushing just fitting on the lawn!

The Lord comes out with cans of McEwans, then the son (yes he had a scout and was reserve??) Does a flight with Bill.

G'wan ye' will. Give us a time frame, so we can focus the time frame. Scarrat is that a guess?

964ST

LE
Was your Mad Bill S, also known as Barking?
Yep! , balcony tash (But that was fashion in his head!)

Scout Pilot, with provenance! Absolutely Top Bloke:)

Saved a transition flight!? where the Intermiediate Gearbox threw its self off a lynx mk7 in Ballykelly as it was taking off! You need reactions like a „cat„ to achieve a result that has no casualties?

Issi

LE
I think we may have been there at the same time. I don’t remember all of the bats names, but there was Frankie Vaughan, Jim W***s, a giant blond Yorkshire full screw who was allowed double rations due to his size, and the only Cfn air tech I ever saw.
Anything ring a bell?

jinxy

LE
Yep! , balcony tash (But that was fashion in his head!)

Scout Pilot, with provenance! Absolutely Top Bloke:)

Saved a transition flight!? where the Intermiediate Gearbox threw its self off a lynx mk7 in Ballykelly as it was taking off! You need reactions like a „cat„ to achieve a result that has no casualties?
If it's who I think it is he was grounded to 3 Regt around 83/84.

964ST

LE
I think we may have been there at the same time. I don’t remember all of the bats names, but there was Frankie Vaughan, Jim W***s, a giant blond Yorkshire full screw who was allowed double rations due to his size, and the only Cfn air tech I ever saw.
Anything ring a bell?
Yep, names ringing bells and memories of the BAR „The Scottish Horse :)

(there are strong historical links between the Duke of Atholl and 655 Sqn (and the Scottish Horse). Probably why he was not Pissed Off when the aircraft landed on his front lawn unannounced.

The Scout looks quite smart in that colour scheme....always preferred the Wasp. Just looked cool and "Waspish" with the dangley undercarraige.

Ex 664. I saw the clue. :)

Latest Threads