For all who support what the police have to put up with

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by Tytus_Barnowl, Nov 30, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Tytus_Barnowl

Tytus_Barnowl On ROPs

2. When they become a half useful force that actually does the job it's paid to do I'll support them, untill that point they can blow me. :roll:
  3. certainly dont get no support from my quarter
  4. Good Drills - but almost certainly a set-up!

Still, made me laugh! :D
  5. What a w*nker. I'd have noted the registration number and found out where the c*nt lived. Give it a fortnight, pop round when your off duty and knock 7 bells of sh*te out of him.

SPAM cops...rank amateurs.
  6. Tytus_Barnowl

Tytus_Barnowl On ROPs

Agree with you there, but this is in the states.
    :D :D :D :D
  7. Beadle's About was more convincing. Snored through this one about 6 months ago.
  8. It's about time we supported the police. I have seen many examples of where they support us, but embarrassingly, some of us just want to ridicule them. At present about 25 percent of county forces are ex UK Armed forces, (Although I admit it tends to be the older brigade), who have been there and done that. I am like most, up for a joke, but like the army, people from the police are leaving hand over fist.

It, that is to say the police service, is looked upon like the army, dammned if they do, or dammned if they don't.

All organisations have their muppets, the police are no different. It is in my view about time the Service give them the respect that they deserve.

I know that this view may be contraversial, but, they stand there and be counted like anyone in a green suit. And until recently, it was far more dangerous than waiting for the cold war to materialise.

Respect, where respect is due.
  9. Really? I admit my memory is a bit on the hazy side, but was'nt Northen Ireland going on at the same time as the Cold War? I venture to suggest that British soldiers of that era did rather more than sit around and wait for the Third Shock Army to come charging over the hill... :roll:
  10. Nice sentiments, the only flaw I can see in your "dammned if they do, or dammned if they don't" argument is that they only seem to go for the don't option. FFS the UK police force at the moment is about as much use as a burgular alarm that only goes off if someone is speeding!
  11. Escuse me for being particular, (I am sure that, that will invite comment on its own), however, having just checked the HO stats, 148 Police officers have lost their lives since 1991.

I am ex forces (Very recently), as it happens. All I am trying to say is that we chose green, they chose blue. I humbly submit that the difference is miniscule. They do at home, what we tend to do now abroad.

If you have a drama with that then all I would say is 'wake up', if it is really an issue in your own mind, you must have an issue with the police in the first place.

I served over 6 years in N.I. in support of the RUC. Inessence in support of law and orde. And for the most part I protected those that dispensed that order.

If you don't like the police that's fine, everyone is entitled to their own opinion. But don't denigrate me, for having one of my own.
  12. My bold.

So the blokes we have abroad are spending the whole time failing to react to the situation, only getting involved when they are forced into a corner and dishing out speeding tickets?

Fuck me, here was me thinking they were soldiering. :roll:
  13. These stats were raised before on ARRSE and, IIRC, the majority of dead police officers lost their lives in RTA's or heart attacks etc. Tragic, without a doubt, but civilians die of the exactly the same causes.

Although it is increasing, the percentage of officers killed due to "enemy action" is very small(thankfully).
  14. how exactly is this going to make me support our boys in blue? im with bullet, until they do an effective job they can suck my bellend and thank me for the privilege.
  15. BiscuitsAB

BiscuitsAB LE Moderator

Hmm having read and digested your words, I say Bolloxs.

Im still waiting after twenty months for them to arrest the feckers that stole property belonging to my company. They dont seem to want to bother getting off their arrses. The fact that I'm nigh on 25K out of pocket doesn't seem to count for jack sh1te.

So Bollox to them and their payed over time and danger pay and everything they bloody winge about.