For all those who have bee waiting for their Iraq Medal

The bloke who originaly pawned this probably only got 20 quid for it. He'll be kicking himself if he sees that :D

Boney

8O It looks as though it has'nt even got the bar for the "war" period!!!

Can't believe that people are paying that, I got a copy for £30!! 8O

although it has been more dangerous 'post war'!! and if you look youll see that it has got a clasp.

Just had a look at the pic.

It has a suspender, ie wot the ribbon fits through, but the clasp surely
denotes the theatre of ops?
Couldn't see that.

I've just bid the " four tonner is just over the next rise" and "a coach load of nurses for it".

archer said:
It has a suspender, ie wot the ribbon fits through, but the clasp surely denotes the theatre of ops?
Couldn't see that.
I stand corrected, I think hes put the ribbon behind it to look like it has a clasp thats at an angle.
The clasp on the Telic gong says the date of what was basically Telic 1.

Oh and you can buy replica Telic gongs which are actually better quality than those that are issued for £27 from Messdress.com or Worcestershiremedals.com. Cant believe that someones bid £300!!

oldandcold said:
I've just bid "a coach load of nurses for it".
not the legendary one thats on its way from Rinteln!!!

From Mr Caplin (one of those ministers who are 'running' the Ministry of Defence), in a written answer to parliament:

At the beginning of December 46 Iraq medals awaited award to service personnel.... Once eligibility was established, medals were usually engraved and dispatched within two weeks
I can probably name more than 46 people who are waiting (I'm one of them)! The last I heard from HQ LAND there were more like 12,000+ waiting.

A slight difference!!

Carlyle said:
From Mr Caplin (one of those ministers who are 'running' the Ministry of Defence), in a written answer to parliament:

At the beginning of December 46 Iraq medals awaited award to service personnel.... Once eligibility was established, medals were usually engraved and dispatched within two weeks
I can probably name more than 46 people who are waiting (I'm one of them)! The last I heard from HQ LAND there were more like 12,000+ waiting.

A slight difference!!
In his final weeks in the House of Commons, Mr Caplin seems to be acquiring an unenviable reputation for inadvertently giving out duff information.

http://www.arrse.co.uk/cpgn/Forums/viewtopic/p=231536.html#231536

E

error_unknown

15 months after returning I still haven't had my medal yet but, excitingly, I did get a rather naff certificate through the post the other day, evidently run up on someone's colour printer, and almost certainly signed by TCH and the CDS, expressing the nation's thanks for my service. Unfortunately my dog got to it before I did so it looks a bit tatty now, but I can hang it up next to my 3rd place certificate for the 25 metres breast stroke at St Mary Abbots Primary School from 1973.

I got one of those! Have you considered hanging it round your neck on a string? Would look quite stylish IMHO. You could advertise something on the back, thereby making some money at the same time...

Pity Sgt G REEVES RAMC is ignorant of Military law, in that it is ILLEGAL to sell your medals! Apparently they all belong to Liz Windsor and she can ask for them back if she so desires! (After all she does have her piccie on them) Wonder if his RSM reads this site? :twisted:

Carlyle said:

A slight difference!!
So if you each wrote to your MP and asked who the other 45 people were, any MP receiving more than 46 letters from one constituency might be prompted to ask the Hon Gentleman where he'd got his information from.

Of course the sensible way of saving postage and MPs time would be for Units to ask the question on behalf of everyone involved on their ORBAT, but no doubt that would be "conduct prejudicial to good order and military discipline.." or something.

End result would probably be that the person who'd end up with the kicking would be one of the Medal Clerks who are actually trying to help (as opposed to the others who aren't).

Latest Threads