For all the military aviators who enjoy a little tipple ...

Discussion in 'Aviation' started by CrashTestDummy, May 18, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I'm given to understand that the MAA are about to amend the rules regarding alcohol and flying to the effect that there will be no alcohol to be consumed within 24 hours of reporting for flying duties.

Enjoy. :)

2. No more big boys rules then?

Alcohol and Flying
    2305(4) Aircrew and supernumerary crew, including those with supervisory duties, shall ensure that they are not suffering from the effects, or after effects, of alcohol when reporting for duty.
    16. No alcohol should be consumed during the 10 hours immediately prior to being liable for flying duties.
    17. Additionally, aircrew and supernumerary crew should minimise their intake of alcohol during the 24-hour period before flying (as a guide no more than 5 units of alcohol).

Posted from the ARRSE Mobile app (iOS or Android)

• Like Like x 1
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Guns

Guns LE Moderator Book Reviewer
    1. The Royal Navy

That could be interesting at sea for non aircrew people. I suspect that the rules will be rolled up to included Officers of the Watch, Principle Warfare Officers, Aircraft Controllers and possibly CO's (final authorizer).

About time and in the Naval we are getting better at not drinking at sea but this could be interesting to see where they draw the line for non aircrew but with a safety responsibility.

4. Guns
    Do you ever foresee the RN ever going to the "dry at sea" routine the USN have?

Chas

• Like Like x 1
  5. We are one major **** up in the KIPION theatre away before this becomes true.

6. I gather they have ice cream and coke on tap though ?

7. And chicken wings. Don't forget the chicken wings.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Ribena, Sodomy and the Lash

Nelson would be doing about 4000 rpm.

• Like Like x 1
  9. I don't see why not, it's nothing more or less than what is expected of merchant officers.

10. Auld-Yin

Auld-Yin LE Reviewer Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

Does this include drivers of drone unmanned aircraft! "I'm sorry I can't have a drink, I am due in the office at 9 am tomorrow".

• Like Like x 1
  11. Can you just imagine the carnage when one of our war-canoes pitches-up in a foreign port for a 'good-will' visit?

12. FFS, the forces are being wimped out to no end. I suspect that my generation and those before me would last about a millisecond now in the castrated version that has come to be.