For all Americans

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by exbluejob, Nov 8, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I've been thinking there has been far too much anti-American humour just lately, and personally I would like to bury the hatchet, and try to improve relations with our American friends.
    I am aware that it's 9/11 on Sunday, and although I'm not sure exactly what it is you celebrate on November the 9th I would still just like to take this opportunity in wishing you all the very best and hope you all have a wonderful day. :D
  2. Oh dear.

It's started again. :roll:
  3. Are you taking the p155?
  4. fucking handpump

5. I do believe he is. :twisted:
  6. Please tell me thats a WAH!
  7. :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
  8. Classic!! :D
  9. I fully concur with this sentiment and have drawn up a short list of Americans starting with GW Bush that I'd like to bury the hatchet in... :twisted:
  10. I think it's called "4th of July Day" or something. Have you tried "googling" it?
  11. Uuuuum 4th july thingy. Is it one of these:

1712 - Twelve slaves were executed for starting a slave uprising in New York that killed nine whites.

1802 - The U.S. Military Academy officially opened at West Point, NY.

1848 - In Washington, DC, the cornerstone for the Washington Monument was laid.

1855 - The first edition of "Leaves of Grass," by Walt Whitman, was published in Brooklyn, NY.

1863 - The Confederate town of Vicksburg, MS, surrendered to General Ulysses S. Grant.

1881 - Tuskegee Institute opened in Alabama.

1884 - Bullfighting was introduced in the U.S. in Dodge City, KS.

1886 - The first rodeo in America was held at Prescott, AZ.

1894 - After seizing power, Judge Stanford B. Dole declared Hawaii a republic.

1910 - Race riots broke out all over the United States after African-American Jack Johnson knocked out Jim Jeffries in a heavyweight boxing match.

1934 - Boxer Joe Louis won his first professional fight.

1934 - At Mount Rushmore, George Washington's face was dedicated.

1959 - The 49-star U.S. flag was debuted.

1960 - The 50-star U.S. flag made its debut in Philadelphia, PA.

1966 - U.S. President Johnson signed the Freedom of Information Act, which went into effect the following year.

1976 - The U.S. celebrated its Bicentennial.

2004 - In New York, the cornerstone of the Freedom Tower was laid on the former World Trade Center site.

2005 - NASA's Deep Impact spacecraft took pictures as a space probe smashed into the Tempel 1 comet. The mission was aimed at learning more about comets that formed from the leftover buidling blocks of the solar system. The Deep Impact mission launched on January 12, 2005.

oh yeah and.......

1776 - The amended Declaration of Independence, prepared by Thomas Jefferson, was approved and signed by John Hancock, the President of the Continental Congress in America.

Whatever that means :D
  12. :?: :? :? :?

It's November the 9th on Sunday but we don't celebrate it in America as a holiday? Must be a Brit holiday or something that I've never heard of with morris dancers and caped Druid priests, etc?? :? :?
  13. You don't? Then WTF is all the fuss about? Its all the rest of the world has heard about from the US for years.
  14. Of all the shittest threads I've ever seen this is by far the shittest. Well done the moron who started it.