Footy - Army Cup Final - Aldershot Stadium, 9 May 2012. Who's Playing?

Discussion in 'Sports, Adventure Training and Events' started by Stonker, May 2, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I got an e-mail today, from my old RHQ, telling me that my old battalion are playing in the Army Cup Final next week.

Typically, the author neglected to include any mention of the opposing team :roll: and while Herr Google has pointed me to an Army online fixtures spreadsheet, it doesn't seem to be up to date.

So - who are the 2 teams playing in this match, and which is the favourite @.@
  2. Minor units cup final: 47RA v 4Mech Bde(Current holders). KO 15:00hrs

Major Units: 2RRF v 2Sigs. KO 18:00hrs.

Aldershot Military Stadium entry free. Bar Open.
  3. Thanks for that - very much appreciated

Now - any offers as to which team is the the favourite to win the Major Units, and where should I look to find the result when it's announced?
  4. Come on 2 Fusiliers an excellent Battalion
  5. Will it determine which regimental tie you wear on the day? Why not take both and just switch it round to the winning team.
  6. I agree - having spent most of my Operational career as one of them :-D

You may scoff - but I need only dig briefly in my wardrobe to be able to do exactly that :-D

(I'm about to contact my former scaly mates, to ask them "Just exactly how much of their Corps footie talent has been packed into this single Regimental team, just for this season's matches?" :winkrazz:
  7. 2 Sig Regt 2 V RRF 0 Army Challenge cup Final (6pm)

47 Regt RA 2 V 4 Mech Bde & Sig Sqn (204) 7 Army minor units final (3PM)

"Signals dominate Army football".

2 Sigs had 2 current corps players playing, rest were regimental footballers, I know as I played 90 mins yesterday. 2RRF were a credit to their regiment and the Infantry, Gracious in defeat and gave their all for 90 mins, 2 Sigs were 1 nil up after 10 minutes after a brilliant volley in off the cross bar, then were awarded a penalty on 85 mins after our striker was hacked down by 2RRF goalkeeper, penalty scored.Game over.
  8. Thanks for that - genuinely much appreciated.

I took it by the deafening silence from RHQ that Jimmy had triumphed :-D (Shoulda worn my 11 Sigs tie to work, but it woulda clashed with the pink shirt and matching socks)
  9. Wasn't it the case that if a scaly had any talent on the pitch, he inevitably ended up at Krefeld in the bad old days of the '80s?
  10. At 28 Sigs, yes.