Discussion in 'Sports, Adventure Training and Events' started by Bad CO, Nov 28, 2004.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Bad CO

Bad CO LE Admin Reviews Editor Gallery Guru

Well worth a look for those bored at work...
    Click here
  2. Only time I've ever enjoyed soccer!
  3. Its football not soccor!!!!!
  4. Bollocks...i just lost 1-0 to a Gary Linekar toe-poke in the last seconds in Superstart mode...worra bummer! :?
  5. Cutaway

Cutaway LE Reviewer

Nah, Cpl might be an buck-toothed inbred Billy-Bob John-Boy who has to warn the cotton mills off whenever he's thinking of buying a pair of jeans, but he's right, it is soccer.

Not even a team game anyway.

6. FOOTBALL is the ultimate team game. Requires way more skill than American football, everything is done with your feet, head or chest, minus the goalkeeper of course.

7. Cutaway

Cutaway LE Reviewer

Still not a team game.

8. 2 -2

Close game!!

Actually one of their goals was an OG as I was unsure what way I was shooting :oops:
  9. Cutaway,

In football, who ever has the ball is the "quarterback". Who ever doesn't have the ball is a possible scoring threat. Everyone has to be able to do a bit of everything on the pitch. Granted everyone has their specialty but they all have to be able to do anything to help the team win.

10. Cutaway

Cutaway LE Reviewer

S'ok Bean, I'm just having a dig at soccer mate !

11. cutaway,

Kinda finger you were joshin', it's not like football is like cricket or some other silly past time!?! Is cricket even a sport???

12. Cutaway

Cutaway LE Reviewer

Bean, of course cricket isn't a sport !

It's a pastime - basically it was invented to confuse the kak out of foreigners ! :lol:

BTW, don't worry I'll have a crack at American Football in good time.

13. Cutaway,

You got me on hat one!? :D As a 100% baseball fan I've tried to understand cricket but for the life of me I just can't. Bowlers? Wickets? Bowling crease? Popping.....??? Forget it.

14. Baseball! Isn't that what we call rounders?? :wink:
  15. Cutaway

Cutaway LE Reviewer

Yeah, but in the UK the players, (mostly girls funnily enough,) stop playing the game just prior to puberty.
    Apparently the Septics have blokes in strange uniforms playing it ! 8O

I suppose it's the Spam equivalent of Morris Dancing......