Football Shirts - Chav or Not?

Discussion in 'The ARRSE Hole' started by PandaLOVE, Jul 27, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Now, on the odd occasion when my beige, yellow and mauve diamond patterned tank-top is in the wash I will don my claret and blue West Ham shirt and wear it out and about over jeans and trainers looking the dogs gonads. Since I look the biz' and nails amongst the far too many faggoty, dole scrounging Liverpooh tops I see floating about I do not considser myself chav. Just fcuking Godlike.

However, today in the country park there was a 30 something husband and father of two wearing one of those puke dayglo' Chelsea away strips. On par with me so far, OK. But what the fcuk was the matching Chelsea shorts AND socks and white trainers FFS? Yeah, a full strip. He was swaggering about like he was about to come on for Frank Lampard the stupid pr1ck. Is this bloke chav or just a nonse? Should I have taken him out with a surprise tackle from behind with all the hundreds of onlooking kids?

2. Ponce!

Football attire of anysort is puffy, unless its boots on the dancefloor of Slys.

The only sporting equipment that should be allowed to be worn with civilian / normal clothing is a wetsuit and crampons. Anything else you might as well let Liberace feast on your anus

3. Full kit? Awful on anyone above the age of 8. Shirt alone, tolerable, but preferably just the home strip- hardly any team in the UK has an away shirt than anyone would want to be seen wearing if they were not on the pitch playing with the rest of the team, after all.

To be fair though, Chelsea strips- home or away- will always look puke inducing by default. Funnily enough, same can be said for Hammers...

;)

4. Agree with mdn. Football shirts are the ultimate in chavness.

Its an item of sports kit ffs.

What makes me laugh is seeing people out and about wearing their 'smart football shirt' for special occasions.

Chav, chav, chav. Simple as that.

5. maninblack

maninblack LE Book Reviewer

Football strip away from a game of football (participating not eating pies and cheering) is a sure sign of low intelligence, a small pork sword and that your wife is letting better endowed men plow her fetid puckered porthole with their splendidly veiny pole.

6. brettarider

brettarider On ROPs

Gotta agree even sadder when you see them tied to a railing covered in dirty exhaust fumes and 3 month old dead flowers just because some spastic ned/chav was tanked up on white lighting and staggered into a car...Darwinism in action!

7. unless of course it is a Tottenham shirt :D then you are cool as fcuk

8. I'm in Glasgow at the moment, and it is not uncommon to see the locals going out and about their business not only in their best going out in shirt, but also their best going out in matching tracksuit too. I have seen the trainers that match, but they are thankfully rare.

9. I always miss the obvious. I'd never thought of it that way before. Thanks.

10. ohh bollocks.. I quite often wear a Rangers home shirt :(

To be honest on a warm day a football shirt is probably the best because its light and doesn't make you sweaty..

11. maninblack

maninblack LE Book Reviewer

Always glad to explain.

12. Not being a fat sweaty kissball shirt wearing chav will aid in not getting sweaty too.

13. I'm fairly skinny. Football shirt material is alot better than a normal t-shirt.

14. For Spurs fans shouldn't that be a "kosher meat sword" ?

What about rugby shirts? I mean the classic 'Cotton Traders' variety.