Football ban

I want to join the army but I am currently on a football banning order that prevents me to travel aboard during England away games. I have been told I would be allowed to travel abroad for work purposes. Am I likely to be deferred? Or does anyone know of someone who has had a successful application with the same problem. The conviction happen 3 years ago.

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I want to join the army but I am currently on a football banning order that prevents me to travel aboard during England away games. I have been told I would be allowed to travel abroad for work purposes. Am I likely to be deferred? Or does anyone know of someone who has had a successful application with the same problem. The conviction happen 3 years ago.

Thanks

Normally to get a banning order you have a long list of convictions. That is more likely to be your problem.

I was charged with an affray with two years suspended which ends next year I was told that is not a problem once it’s spent. However I’m wandering on if the ban will be a problem

DaveDaffe

War Hero
I was charged with an affray with two years suspended which ends next year I was told that is not a problem once it’s spent. However I’m wandering on if the ban will be a problem

Oh so you are a football hooligan? Delightful.....

And you weren't young and stupid once upon a time?

I loosely followed Cardiff City many moons ago, not as part of the Hooligan element may I add.
Had plenty of scraps with rival fans, despite us minding our own business.

Not like he'd be the first or last. I know one personally who did his full term+ and did very well for himself. He just enjoyed twating other heed the balls at Toon games

ugly

LE
There is a world of difference between being caught before joining and getting away with similar stuff while serving and until those in CivDiv get the idea that we need decent people and that being a divvy before joining up isn’t welcome then these questions will continue

There is a world of difference between being caught before joining and getting away with similar stuff while serving and until those in CivDiv get the idea that we need decent people and that being a divvy before joining up isn’t welcome then these questions will continue
If that were the case then I reckon a fair few units would be seriously undermanned

ugly

LE
If that were the case then I reckon a fair few units would be seriously undermanned
That’s the point, keep it under control until you are in and let the army find the outlet for your aggression

The_Duke

LE
The rules will decide whether the OP is allowed to join, not a load of duffers on here.

To the OP - apply, and see where it takes you. The majority of the opinion on here is just that - and we all know that old trope about opinions being like *********...

ugly

LE
The rules will decide whether the OP is allowed to join, not a load of duffers on here.

To the OP - apply, and see where it takes you. The majority of the opinion on here is just that - and we all know that old trope about opinions being like *********...
Indeed of the many complaints by those barred by convictions is that most squaddies liked to fight!
They tend to forget that we had to join first before being allowed to play out!

You can't call Ugly an opinion..

Oh wait, yes you can.
Carry on @The_Duke

You may find that at the end of the suspension it will not be spent?

Yes it wouldn’t be spent the ban, but there wouldn’t be any requirements where I am restricted. it would be as if it’s non existent

ugly

LE

Old duffers club, your seat at the head of the table awaits you

The_Duke

LE
Yes it wouldn’t be spent the ban, but there wouldn’t be any requirements where I am restricted. it would be as if it’s non existent

Not quite. A conviction is not deemed “spent” until a certain amount of time after the sentence is finished. A similar question a while ago showed that a two year suspended sentence is not deemed spent until 4 years after the expiry, if I remember correctly. I may be wrong though.

You will only find out if that is going to cause you a problem when you apply.

Thanks

Who told you that you would be allowed to travel abroad for work purposes? You do also realise that if you travel abroad with the army that would actually be for work purposes?

Have you yet spoken with anyone from the army careers office? I would suggest that be your first point of contact for these sorts of questions.

Latest Threads