Foot tattoo?

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Regular Officer Recruiting' started by LemonExample, Sep 27, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hey, I am really keen on applying to be an Officer, but a few years back I decided to get a foot tattoo. I have searched online and on here for tattoo regs, and what I have found only mentions offensive ones, and if they are below the watch line, or above the collar line. Does anyone know if on the foot is a bar to entry? It starts on my ankle and winds down onto my foot, easily coverable in shoes/trousers of course, but as I am a woman I understand that a skirt is required at times, which I guess is where the problem could lie!

Many thanks :)
  2. You are very wise to ask on here. Good luck.
    • Like Like x 1
  3. I am guessing that is sarcasm as I am likely to be ripped to pieces haha! I know I should ask at the AFCO, however I figured I would try my luck on here first before heading there to be rejected face to face!
  4. OK I'll say it, piccies?
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Trans-sane

Trans-sane LE Book Reviewer

Beat me to it...
  6. I suspect yours will be allowed, OCdts with tattoos at Sandhurst were required to cover them up.

A friend of mine swam for the Academy, she was ordered by the Academy Adjutant to cover up the ones on her ankle and wrist as "Officers did not have tattoos".

This lead to her wearing some sort of amusing wetsuit.
  7. Don't worry about it - you would be surprised how many tats are sported in the Officer Corps.

AOSB are looking for leaders and have had to soften to changing society.

A spiders web down one side of the neck isn't going to win you votes but a hidden or discrete one isn't worth getting upset about.

..but Standby for some mickeying on here...
  8. I refer the member to my previous post.
  9. cpunk

cpunk LE Moderator

It won't be a bar to entry, unless it's very prominent and offensive.

It doesn't alter my view that any tattooing is a sign of a sub-human IQ.
    • Like Like x 8
  10. Take a tip out of "Mayo-naisse's" book, it worked briefly.

Only problem is with it on your foot, if you cover it completely it might look like you have a club foot. And open another completely different can of worms.
    Good luck!

11. As if I would post a pic, I cannot remove said tattoo from my body so I don't want to hear all of the jibes! :batman: Thanks for the link to the thread, none of them seem to talk about foot tattoos though, bad times. Haha silly old mayo!
  12. I really struggle with my attitude towards women with hand, foot or full on thigh tattoo's. I struggle hard, I really do Guv'ner. No matter how much I recall the 'Don't judge a book . .' saying, it's a personal dilemma of mine that I can't think of women with these tattoo's without having images of dirty wantant slappers

Just saying like

PS. To the OP, You'll be fine. The attention seeking you desire with your cheesy Tat will be compensated thrice over by randy PO's. You're so MoneySupermarket you don't even know it!
  13. Obvious answer really........

14. Haha, fair one. Well the trouble is, 6 years ago I thought it was the coolest thing evahhhhh, however I did the crime and now have to do the time, I am stuck with the little blighter. When I feel like getting my foot out I do get more looks of creepy men, must be the tat.