Foot pain

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by Yokel, Feb 15, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. For a while now I have had pain on and off in the ball of my foot, which I suspected may have been due to a sharp piece of tile getting lodged in there. However, I have had no pains for the last few months, so I assumed the problem had gone away.

I've been doing some fitness training lately, and noticed no problems, until this morning. Every time I stepped down I got a sharp pain, and ended up limping.

Is it worth seeing the doctor about this, or will it sort itself out?
  2. What do you reckon? Mong.
    • Like Like x 2
  3. Dear internet people. I cut myself shaving this morning. I managed to cut my you think I should see someone about it? I'm bleeding quite a lot. Thanks internet chums.
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Stick a plaster on it , you puff.
  5. Simply pull a cable tie tight enough around your neck to stem the blood loss!!
  6. Apply some tubigrip and take 2 Ibuprofen.
    • Like Like x 2
  7. Sounds like either Achilles tendonitis, or planter flexor syndrome.
  8. You really were an RAMC intern weren't you.
  9. Or perhaps........

I'm no MO, but I'd suggest digging that piece of tile out of your hoof.
  10. Tried. Couldn't find it. It may be a figment of imagination, as the pain started after putting soom tiles up in the bathroom.
  11. If you know you have a piece of broken tile in your foot, then you should also be aware that it can move. If you are unlucky it will move somewhere an do harm. I still have tiny splinters of glass emerging occasionally from my hands after a minor fracas with a bottle wielding maniac in the 1970s and bits of grit, encapsulated in skin, emerge from my elbows and knees from time to time, I'm a lifelong biker.

If it's a large fragment, have it removed.

Sudden pains in the feet, particularly after periods of training, can also be due to gout. You don't have to be a port swilling old tosspot to have that, lots of athletes get it.
  12. Whilst that may well be likely, it's always wise to seek a second opinion when using the internet to gain medical advice.

It sounds like inoperable brain cancer to me.
    • Like Like x 1
  13. Alsacien

Alsacien LE Moderator

...I feel your pain, I have to re-do mine this weekend after ripping the shower out last weekend to fix a burst pipe.
  14. No i'm an NHS reject.