Foot Guards in trouble?

Don't believe anyone's smoke a mirrors ....there's undermanned Rifles Bns just waiting to be culled IMHO, but the Regt ..being only 5 minutes old, will remain.
Spec Inf as a concept is a quite clever method of keeping "Battalions" without having to have anywhere near the same manning requirement.

work smarter, not harder.
I'd be interested in knowing how you can stack at 10:00 when last scheduled take off is at 15:00 and Q has scrambled? Not all roles are the same.....

Andre

Old-Salt
Don't believe anyone's smoke a mirrors ....there's undermanned Rifles Bns just waiting to be culled IMHO, but the Regt ..being only 5 minutes old, will remain.
Nato Standard123, I hope your right. Be good to see all regiments left alone to do there jobs post years of cutting back and change.

I do hear a lot of uncertinity in some units post amalgimation, a lack of hope for the future. There is a seriouse finacial gap and manning gap that threatans everyone.

Next SDSR down to be 2020 (looks to be brought forward) should say whats to happen. But saving money is normally done with reduction in manning and equipment programs, reduction also leads to the wishes of those that want to change everything.

I imagine the MDP will hopefully give a taste of future direction/set the stage for SDSR202X

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

Tired_Tech

On ROPS
On ROPs
I'd be interested in knowing how you can stack at 10:00 when last scheduled take off is at 15:00 and Q has scrambled? Not all roles are the same.....
i picked wisely at the careers office. You didn't.

HTH.

It's always impressed me how the guards have recruited the kind of numbers that they did.

Without getting into a regimental d1ck comparison the thought of joining the army knowing you're going to have to experience more bullsh1t than most with all the drill, uniform prep and stagging on that comes with the role just isn't my idea of a happy career.

Each to their own but not even the thought of living in the big smoke and getting the numbers of fit tourists stuffed in your tunic is enough to sway me.

There would have to be some decent perks of the job in order to put up with all that... an enhanced salary for living/working in London would be a good place to start.
I enjoyed the marching up and down, polishing stuff and public duties, I also enjoyed active duty on tour being a fighty soldier of course the shouty stuff the **** sex was ok but no kissing. I would argue that the traditions, the public duties and the discipline do enstill a sense of pride into the guardsman that other regiments lack

I enjoyed the marching up and down, polishing stuff and public duties, I also enjoyed active duty on tour being a fighty soldier of course the shouty stuff the **** sex was ok but no kissing. I would argue that the traditions, the public duties and the discipline do enstill a sense of pride into the guardsman that other regiments lack
Sex was ok, but no kissing? I knew wooden tops were close, but I guess with the trans types in the division, they will be welcomed with open arms but closed mouths....

Last edited:

ugly

LE
I would argue that the traditions, the public duties and the discipline do enstill a sense of pride into the guardsman that other regiments lack
And that gents is why the rest of the Infantry thought they were better than the woodentops.

Spec Inf as a concept is a quite clever method of keeping "Battalions" without having to have anywhere near the same manning requirement.
Except you still need at least the same number of NCOs and offrs, but of considerably better quality. Difficult to know where they're coming from when you have less units to choose them from ...

If you put FTRS into google you get the list of opportunities. Foot Guards, Scottish Div, Welsh Div, Irish Div, Kings Div, Queens Div and Para are all offering FTRS(FC) from Pte to Cpl. I'm guessing there are problems with recruiting (poor 'offer') and retention (poor 'leadership') across the infantry.

Tired_Tech

On ROPS
On ROPs
active duty?

Latest Threads