Foot Guards in trouble?

Tired_Tech

On ROPS
On ROPs
Which is driven by a lack of numbers, which is driven by fcukwits who think cleaning already gleaming weapons on a Friday is a good idea.
I sense you weren't very good at cleaning weapons...

Personally I've not been in a unit that worked past 10-1100he's on a Friday.

Similarly if I had been asked to go to some green wearing mob losing my thin red line "red coat", and not sing "god save the Queen" and eat curried lunch I would of bolted as well.

......and that's why more and more of you red coated buffoons disappear from the orbat every year.

ugly

LE
That is a bit sh*t. Surely it was voted across though?

Did any of it get used for that purpose?
No and no, we were just informed that the money would be going to the new regiment!

ugly

LE
that is sh*t.
Well spotted, in addition to loss of funds which paid the ed money and minibus hire to move the old soaks from Nesscliffe camp to Sir John Moore in Shrewsbury, we have lost the use of the camp, the use of the barracks, the use of the TA/AR as support drivers etc, lost the Friday night retreat and curry, the sunday morning church service and now are having to pay £10 each to march around the car park at Shrewsbury Town FC.
All in all fucked over. I expect they will ask us all to attend the RGJ one in Winchester soon and bin ours all together.
That said since this farce started our own Bn has its own online assoc' with several regional reunions each year a large presence at AvN and a big contingent at the Cenotaph.
I suspect that after the glow of the 50th anniversary fades most will vote with their feet.

good God no.

i felt the pain of 2RRF when they had to merge with them... (From an experience in Celle, late '90s).
Two company's had to reinforce 2RRF in the early 90's when the latter went to Ballykinler.I was lucky and stayed where I was.I spent a short time in Celle with 2nd some five or six years after this happened,and I saw that there was still a bit of needle,I was called a 1st battalion- insert insult- more than once.Couldn't wait to see the back of them.
BTW, our merge with 3RRF in 1992 worked quite well.

I sense you weren't very good at cleaning weapons...

Personally I've not been in a unit that worked past 10-1100he's on a Friday.
I sense you aren't very good at recognising that weapons are gleaming, but insist that they're 'cleaned' again.

If they aren't gleaming, you weren't very good at inspecting them before they were stowed last week.

Tired_Tech

On ROPS
On ROPs
I sense you aren't very good at recognising that weapons are gleaming, but insist that they're 'cleaned' again.

If they aren't gleaming, you weren't very good at inspecting them before they were stowed last week.
Are you snorting horse at the moment?

Tired_Tech

On ROPS
On ROPs
Who doesn't 'snort horse' every now and then?
i acknowledge your pain. The unfairness of having to perform nugatory work (in this case cleaning clean rifles). But you shouldn't have joined if you couldn't take a joke.

Or joined a more grown up capbadge.

That is all.

i acknowledge your pain. The unfairness of having to perform nugatory work (in this case cleaning clean rifles). But you shouldn't have joined if you couldn't take a joke.

Or joined a more grown up capbadge.

That is all.
Your attitude demonstrates clearly that you're part of the problem.

That is all.

Tired_Tech

On ROPS
On ROPs
Your attitude demonstrates clearly that you're part of the problem.

That is all.
doubtful. No bloke of mine has ever done nugatory work off my back and I've fought against silliness from above. Including one memorable time I pulled out the jsp definition of leave. You seem to have formed a rather flawed opinion on myself purely from a regimental policy I had no hand in writing or enforcing... Think about that for a minute. I do however support that policy in the sole instance of the storming, norming and performing process of a new grouping (Rifles) from four previous groupings (D&D, RGBW, LI and RGJ). Is this policy in place in the RL? I also remember a QM at Donnington cutting around in RAOC and RLC cap badges like a modern-day Monty. Circa '93.

Which is driven by a lack of numbers, which is driven by fcukwits who think cleaning already gleaming weapons on a Friday is a good idea.
Unless, it seems, the Bn concerned is one of those who are the subject of this thread......

What makes you think anyone is safe? dont tell me you belive your own smoke and mirrors.

Don't believe anyone's smoke a mirrors ....there's undermanned Rifles Bns just waiting to be culled IMHO, but the Regt ..being only 5 minutes old, will remain.

Latest Threads