Food

Is the food any good in Sandhurst or is your usual inedible sausages, hard bacon and year old baked beans?

Just outta curiousity ofc.. :p

mcclurg said:
Is the food any good in Sandhurst or is your usual inedible sausages, hard bacon and year old baked beans?

the scoffs was not bad at all when I was at the factory.

dont know what its like now and i dont know if PAYD has kicked in yet.

or there is a Maccy D's just down from the main gate and a tesco's if you get hungers

In the first 5 weeks, if you manage to get time to taste it then your very lucky!

mcclurg said:

Its excellent, especially the roast swan, caviar banjos and endless champagne. :roll:

mcclurg said:

If this is indicative of your level of preparation for Sandhurst, and your general intellect, then you may be better off joining McDonalds - you may even make it to supervisor given enough time and sufficient development training.

sandmanfez said:
mcclurg said:

Its excellent, especially the roast swan, caviar banjos and endless champagne. :roll:
Oh, the champagne!

'Another Billecart Salmon 1983, sir?'
'Heavens no Carruthers, after that venison terrine and the fois gras with truffles I think I'll just have a large Cognac and another Romeo y Julieta, thank you.'

pombsen-armchair-warrior said:
mcclurg said:

If this is indicative of your level of preparation for Sandhurst, and your general intellect, then you may be better off joining McDonalds - you may even make it to supervisor given enough time and sufficient development training.
Personally, I thought that this was one of the more well conceived questions that I see on here.

The food at Sandhurst was pretty standard fayre for Army messes when I went through in 95 (ie it's really quite good). I doubt that it has changed much since then. Blimey, 1995; that is a long time ago.

Food at Sandhurst - depends whether you are going into the Permanent Staff Mess, or across the corridor to the main dining hall, along with the cadets.

Permanent staff side is of a good standard, whereas the main dining hall will provide you with a menu capable of keeping you alive for 3 terms!

If you are going in to the permanent staff side, I would suggest arriving for meals early, as the LEs from the LEOC courses can put a fair bit away and if you arrive after them, it looks as if a plague of locusts has been through! Splendid chaps though, one and all.

F

fozzy

zxninerpilot said:
If you are going in to the permanent staff side, I would suggest arriving for meals early, as the LEs from the LEOC courses can put a fair bit away and if you arrive after them, it looks as if a plague of locusts has been through! Splendid chaps though, one and all.

I resemble that remark - took me ages to get the gravy stains out of the CS95.

Top quality food though; I was on 2 roasts a day. Had to hit the cold turkey on my RTU...

When I was at the school......we took mess silver with us for Sunday lunch and dinner on exercise ...ask Fred the old silverman!...clue

Wedgy said:
Perhaps this question is better suited to the Sandhurst sticky...
I was invited to the RSDG (RAC) for officers mess lunch...mess silver was on the table on a Hohne exercise!!!!..and so was the Duke of Kent...

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Ord_Sgt Current Affairs, News and Analysis 6
Ord_Sgt The Intelligence Cell 0
D The Intelligence Cell 10