Food poisoning - or is it?

Yokel

LE
I seem to have been struck down by food poisoning but I cannot work out the cause. I did eat a couple of bits of old bread pudding yesterday, but otherwise nothing unusual.

I had a burning feeling in my guts last night, which got worse and woke me up. I went to the bog and puked a bit. A couple of hours later I was projectile vomiting. I managed to clean up and got back to bed.

I have felt crap and day and have been unable to eat anything.

I have no idea what might have caused it. I have not been near raw Chicken or Pork, have not drunk alcohol for since New Year, so I have no idea.

Am I doing the right thing and keeping wrapped up and sweating it out? Should I try to eat something?

Last edited:
Plenty of clear fluids*, good hygiene , don't handle anyone elses food or drinks

*water, squash

Londo

LE
I seem to have been struck down by food poisoning but I cannot work out the cause. I did eat a couple of bits of old bread pudding yesterday, but otherwise nothing unusual.

I had a burning feeling in my guts last night, which got worse and woke me up. I went to the bog and puked a bit. A couple of hours later I was projectile vomiting. I managed to clean up and got back to bed.

I have felt crap and day and have been unable to eat anything.

I have no idea what might have caused it. I have not been near raw Chicken or Pork, have not drunk alcohol for since New Year, so I have no idea.

Am I doing the right thing and keeping wrapped up and sweating it out? Should I try to eat something?
Plenty of fluids required mate .
Edit
Beaten to it by someone faster on the draw .

frequent small sips of water, don't gulp it down.

you can make a moyers solution or buy something equally disgusting like dioralyte

TamH70

MIA
I'd get some of this down your neck as well.

It's not just fluids you are losing, it's salts and minerals.

I had a bout of bad guts that lasted for about three months last year - no idea what triggered it, but I dealt with the worst bits of it with those drinks and some of this stuff:

Those are pretty damned effective, but can be likened to using an H-Bomb to open a peanut.

COVID-19

Ring 111 immediately

With any luck you will have 14 days with the correct treatment and recover

Been to the Chinese takeaway in the past week

Archie

. . . did eat a couple of bits of old bread pudding yesterday . . .
. . . made with milk and eggs? There ya go, then.

. . . and the NHS suggests that you'll be good to go within a week:

Fake Sheikh

War Hero
Keep hydrated for 48 hours if still bad by Sunday go to local pharmacy who will guide you on what to take.
A multi vitamin drink that can re hydrate & also lessen the pain/vomiting if still doing it.

By Saturday night dry cold toast might help and will gauge if you are still ill.

Google has plenty on it, some good some bad but as you know arrse full of highly untrained medical bods.

If still bad on Sunday Ring @ Alan Greenwood & Sons | The funeral service that caters for everyone’s needs | Funeral directors |

Yokel

LE
I hope it clears up soon as ai have things to do. I have an important (health related) appointment on Monday. I am also running out of pants.

I did wonder could I somehow have got diesel into my mouth or could it be related to bring on Citalopram? I think it was that bread pudding though - I should have frozen it.

I hope it clears up soon as ai have things to do. I have an important (health related) appointment on Monday. I am also running out of pants.

I did wonder could I somehow have got diesel into my mouth or could it be related to bring on Citalopram? I think it was that bread pudding though - I should have frozen it.

vomiting and diarrhoea can be side effects

Citalopram side effects

Get emergency medical help if you have signs of an allergic reaction to citalopram: skin rash or hives; difficulty breathing; swelling of your face, lips, tongue, or throat.

Report any new or worsening symptoms to your doctor, such as: mood or behavior changes, anxiety, panic attacks, trouble sleeping, or if you feel impulsive, irritable, agitated, hostile, aggressive, restless, hyperactive (mentally or physically), more depressed, or have thoughts about suicide or hurting yourself.

Call your doctor at once if you have:

• a light-headed feeling, like you might pass out;
  • blurred vision, tunnel vision, eye pain or swelling, or seeing halos around lights;
  • headache with chest pain and severe dizziness, fainting, fast or pounding heartbeats;
  • severe nervous system reaction--very stiff (rigid) muscles, high fever, sweating, confusion, fast or uneven heartbeats, tremors, feeling like you might pass out;
  • high levels of serotonin in the body--agitation, hallucinations, fever, fast heart rate, overactive reflexes, nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, loss of coordination, fainting; or
  • low levels of sodium in the body--headache, confusion, slurred speech, severe weakness, vomiting, feeling unsteady.

Yokel

LE
I have taken Citalopram before so I do not think it is that. I have been on it for a few weeks. No, this is poisoning of some sort.

Fake Sheikh

War Hero
Depends of dosage of citalopram?

Anything over 200mg would be serious & worth chatting to GP urgently about.
But depends on what you are on it for & symptoms etc.
It can be aggravated with alcoholic drinks & by taking non prescribed drugs.

If you are on it for anxiety or a depression illness other medication can effect it.
You might want to ring NHS 111 and ask for advice, if required they will get you an appointment with your GP.

My wife was put on it 15 years ago but is now on 5mg at night which is nearly as low as you can get.

Ever tasted diesel? If you have, you won't forget the taste in a hurry

Latest Threads