Food for a piss head....?

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by threesend, May 7, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Okie dokies my fellow ARRSERS....

seeing as this is the NAAFI bar (civvies who have never served this is a sacred place for soldiers)

what food after a skinful of ale is your favourite?

for me it has to be a pizza - toppped with as much meat as they can find.....

over to you..

2. maguire

maguire LE Book Reviewer

kebab. and chips.

3. Are you very fat?

4. squeekingsapper

squeekingsapper LE Reviewer

depends how drunk I am.

Curry, or if I am seriously ratted, kebab

5. mercurydancer

mercurydancer LE Book Reviewer

Noodles with king prawn in black bean sauce. I've memorised that item so even when my feet arent performing normal functions, (Ie one in front of the other and continue until home is in sight) I can usually get home and have something edible. But in the main, when its Bye Bye Brain cells I must leave you, then its curry.

6. I recently discovered Shish kebabs. I always thought they looked a bit posh sat there on their skewers, but I gave one a shot about a month ago. They changed my whole perception of kebabs.

I have eaten doner kebabs for years and share your feeling that to eat one of those you have to be wasted because it resembles nothing food-like whatsoever but is reasonably good at soaking up the booze and preventing / reducing the effects of a hangover. But shish - same result, but actually tastes like something you would eat normally.

Yes I know you're looking at £6-7 a go but fuck it, that's only £2-3 up on the doner and you get to eat something which doesn't make you think 'why the fuck did I eat that' in the morning. Another benefit is that due to the meat tasting and feeling like meat, if you get through the door and collapse on the first soft thing in sight and wake up 8 hours later with half of the kebab next to you, they don't taste too bad cold. Anyone who has tried it will know that morning-after doner kebab is puke inducing.

7. Negligent-Discharge

Negligent-Discharge LE Book Reviewer

It may be almost 0400, but I had a microwaved tattie and then mushed in butter, mashed garlic, soy sauce and some chilli flakes... heaven on a plate.

"Why are up?" I hear you all shout. TSO's snoring and sleeping like she's alligator wrestling...

8. Cheese and onion sarnie

9. Shredded chicken on a bed of chips covered in curry sauce - from that gaff in Cardiff...Dorothy's ?

10. Cold leftover lasagne.

With hot sauce.

11. Kebab meat and chips covered in chilli sauce. Always.

If I'm particularly hungry then I also grab a couple of chappatis and make doner twisters!

MB

12. Doner kebab?

After the last bout of food- poisoning..... never again.

I was in Makro a while ago, and spotted some whole BFO doner cylinders in the freezer section.

I think they worked out at 50p a pound...... WTF sort of meat costs that?

Fish, chips and chinese curry sauce (not the khaki coloured shite with sultanas in it ) is the way to top off a session.

13. sirbhp

sirbhp LE Book Reviewer

dinner at RULES with lashings of wine .