Food Fantasies!

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by Tartan_Terrier, May 16, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. No, not that kind!

I mean the kind you get, on stag, at three in the morning, in the middle of nowhere. I'm sure everyone has experienced it.

You're standing there, freezing gently and trying to look alert, when all of a sudden you get an almost overpowering desire for certain foods.

For me, it was usually 'chinky chips', God knows why, they're good but they're not my favourite food in the World.

What about you, what foods have suddenly become the only thing you could think about when you were bored on stag?

2. Cheese on toast or prawn mayonnaise sandwiches, randomly. :?
  3. Liquified barley.
  4. I wonder if it's purely due to hunger, or if there is some part of the brain saying "I want to go home" (or in my case "I want to go to the chinese take-away").

Any amateur shrinks out there?
  5. Have them checked!
    They might be serving doggy spring rolls 8O
  6. batterd mars bars... love 'em ;)
  7. Are you a Jock by chanse?
    I'd never heard seen or tasted that before I sat my foot in Scotland. And lovely they are..
  8. Im a rare breed half jock half engish, but I live in brighton --- Insert insulting homo comment now :wink:
  9. old_fat_and_hairy

old_fat_and_hairy LE Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

I would, if I could think of one. Perhaps something about Mars bars ( after all, you are not that far from Cliveden) And it worked for Marianne Faithful. Allegedly. Or being battered? But my brain still hurts and I can't summon my legendary lightning wit!
  10. Just out of interest, how do you sit your foot?

But back to the thread I often have severe cravings for Gyros.
  11. old_fat_and_hairy

old_fat_and_hairy LE Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

Could be she had a well-endowed 'friend'? :wink:

My craving is usually Smarties. But sometimes just a plain old bag of chips. And, for the more elderly amongst us, a yearnin for 'Old English Spangles'
  12. Liquified barley ?? what's all that about? :?

13. WAH?????????

14. Spangles! Now I do feel old, How about Aniseed Twists? Can you still get them?
  15. Sticky toffee pudding with LASHINGS of thick, lumpy custard!