Font Sizes

Discussion in 'ARRSE: Site Issues' started by Oneshot, Apr 19, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I find the text in ARRSE really small and its not my IE explorer settings. (only happened very recently)

Its thinks like the forum root, and page selections and the links to posts since last visit etc
    yet the actual posting content is fine!

Anyone else witht his problem?

OS

2. If you go to 'View' at the top of your browser, you will find in the drop down, 'text size'.

You can adjust it easily.

3. No, I have exactly the same troubles and my computer has been on all day!

4. Yeah mine changed this morning...

5. Yup, thats will be my IE settings, which I know are right, and stated in my post, but thanks for trying!

OS

6. Good CO

Good CO LE Admin

I made the links smaller in an attempt to stop the page width problem. It has helped on some pages, but not on others and I'm still working on it. To mind mind the text is fine in its current size and I'm trying various screen resolutions at the moment and it seems OK in all of them. Honestly, is it really not good this way or are you just commenting / complaining about the change because it's a change?

7. GCO

Personally, I can deal with it, however from a general usability point of view i think some people will find it too small to read properly!

OS

8. Good CO

Good CO LE Admin

Gone up a size - how's that?

9. GCO

I think thats better, much clearer!

OS

10. I have also had this problem and have the following possible solutions:

Easy solution 1:

Buy or sign out computer projector.
    Site 400m from Large white screen.
    Switch on, font has changed to Times Roman size 50,512.

Easy solution 2:

Buy a 120" monitor and sit 6 inches from screen.

11. Your right, i'm obviously just not thinking out of the box enough!!!! Apologies GCO for wasting your time when such easy solutions were avaliable

;-)

12. Good CO

Good CO LE Admin

13. Happy to be of help. I am currently offering an excellent deal on 120" monitors. :lol: