Folding stock shotguns

Discussion in 'Shooting, Hunting and Fishing' started by msr, Dec 16, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. msr

msr LE

Are these legal in the UK?

2. Do you mean the poaching type single barrel ones or the USA law enforcement type?
  3. There is a minimum overall length of a Shotgun + min 24" barrel length. Unless you had a huge barrel, the gun would be illegal.

Can't remember OAL at the mo though :?
  4. 40" overall length to be S2.

Shorter for S1 unless it is a semi-auto or pump.
  5. msr

msr LE

US Navy spec ;)
  6. The few folding stock shotguns that I've used all had "law enforcement only" stamped all over the stock extensions. I think that was part of the manufacturing process in the USA. So no idea about actual law I'm afraid.
  7. What is it? Is it this Mossberg? pump/ semi auto / single? Magazine capacity?
  8. msr

msr LE

9. Folding stock = S5
    Fixed stock = S1
  10. MSR

Rare enough in the FATLAD (Fermanagh, Antrim, Tyrone etc etc) so I'm guessing expensive? Good luck finding one.

I'm looking a phased plasma rifle in the 40 watt range meself.

11. You can have one on a shot gun cert but you would have to have the mag capacity restricted to 3 rds and have a barrel length of 24 inches. If more than 3 rounds you can still have it but it has to go on a Fire Arms Certificate which can be a bit harder to get.

12. Cutaway

Cutaway LE Reviewer

Sorry MSR, the SPAS 12 with the extension taking the bbl up to 24" (which was of course permanently fitted to the bbl prior to the wpn leaving the factory,) only measures 34-3/4" so unless you've got a friendly neighbourhood Home Secretary who'll sign you off a Section 5 Cert you're clean out of luck.

But to be honest, they're pretty shite SGs.