FofS(IS) Title

Discussion in 'Royal Signals' started by thegeezer, Jul 29, 2008.

1. Lance FofS / LFofS

2. Foreman Lite

3. Foreman of the Horse

4. FofS(ISNT)

5. Other (Please specify)

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. What should we call FofS(IS)?

The SOinC will probably use this poll to determine the new title or something.
  2. Our ops cell have started calling our FofS(IS), Fizz. Which I find hilarious.
  3. FEEK,

Foreman + Geek

It’s perfect

In fact I award me a cake, well done me, yum yum.
  4. WTF

TLA should be 3, count, 3 letters.

Whatd'ya mean, dean?
  5. Stop whingeing, the trades were renamed ages ago and everyone else has just got on with their jobs in a professional manner. Did your mum not give you enough attention as a baby or summat?

I reckon...the last FofS and FofS (IS) courses will run in 2010 and the new "technical / engineering supervisor" course will run in 2011. It will be a direct upscaling from the CS Engr with the emphasis on engineering management and capability integration. They will ditch those parts of the current supervisory courses that are deemed to be irrelevant. The course will be designed from the bottom up by SOinC, with content determined by need, not in order to meet a specified qualification. Then a few universities will probably be asked to look at the content, weigh up accreditation of prior learning and then determine what qualification they are happy to dish out at the end. I doubt whether it will be longer than 12-18 months and I doubt whether it will gain as much as an honours degree.

Either way, it's pointless to keep bitching about trades because a) we're all supposed to be on the same team and b) both supervisory trades are on a collision course anyway. You might as well deal with it and if you're any good at what you do then you'll be in a position to benefit from the grand scheme. That's what winners do.
  6. Im amazed at how much people focus on a simple title, what really matters on what they can deliver and how much they are really needed. Who gives a F*! You know yourself if you are doing a real job or not, the title is purely some ego thing.
  8. IS Ski Geek

IS Ski Geek War Hero Moderator

I think the best that I have heard for both the FofS trades are as follows:

FofS (IS) - FofS (Digital) Shortened version - FofS (Digi)
    FofS - FofS (Analog) Shortened version - FofS (****)

There you go thats my two pence worth.
  9. IS Ski Geek - very very fookin' funny!!!!!
  10. My Bold - If they get rid of all of that, it'll save tons of dosh, as the course will end up about one week long!
  11. Yeah, get on with it. You didn't see the Delay ops and Handbags wingeing, did you?
  12. The Relay Ops cried for some time but I think the Handbags were quite happy to lose their title.

Incidently, can anyone confirm my absolute wild stab in the dark idea that Mr Verbose and Mr Humour on this thread are both 'lucky-baggers' and not real FofS?
  13. There are still an awful lot of idiots out there who are blind to the work that our people really do on ops. They would do well to peer out of their det and see the jobs that are actually being done in Iraqistan. Both types of Foreman are particularly busy.

If you tell a civvy that you're a "foreman" do you think he equates that with engineering excellence? He probably thinks you wear coveralls in a noisy factory and have daily run-ins with the leader of the union. Why not just scrap the title totally? Is anyone's ego so precious that they need letters after their rank?

It reminds me of those who people who are always complaining "this is shit" but, when asked what they would do better, have no answer. Get with the programme and move with the times. It's easy to stir up shiite on an anonymous forum, far more difficult to actually put your money where your mouth is.
  14. Is this the verbose way of saying 'yes I am a 'lucky-bagger'?
  15. My bold.

How true - and you would know with your 3400+ posts.

P.S. How did you vote? You haven't said.