FN Five-seven

Discussion in 'Shooting, Hunting and Fishing' started by old_bloke, Nov 19, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Anybody got one , shot one ?

How much is the ammo?
  2. 57x28 ammo prices

Looks like between 50 cents to $1 per round, depending upon the load.

I guess UK prices would be about £1 per round. Good job pistols are banned, otherwise we'd all be skint(er).....
  3. I notice that Privi .303" is about 40p/rnd at the same US supplier. How come we in UK pay even more when we're only a few hundred klicks from the factory - not half way around the world?!
  4. Because it will probably have been old stock that was bought when the dollar was higher against the pound and euro so it looks cheaper than it would be if he ordered it from the factory tomorrow.
  5. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

Price also has a lot to do with amounts purchased, most UK individuals cant buy more than a couple of hundred at a time unlike our cousins who buy by the crate!
  6. what are you some sort of commie ugly :twisted:
    only liberal eurowussie don't fill there truck up with ammo when thay can find it as obama controlled by the UN is denying every true blooded american the right to billions of rounds of ammo :D
  7. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

Not my problem, just the majority of shooters here nowadays, I'm making and also selling nowadays!
  8. It's the same with firearms, most are about half the price in the US as they are in Europe, even firearms produced in here.
  9. Last time the wife and I bought a selected batch of ammunition, we bought 10,000 rounds of it (two crates!).

That was £1200+ well spent (thank fvck it was only 0.22LR, albeit the best you could buy). That would have been a year's worth of ammunition for the two of us when we were both training seriously...
  10. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

Ah yes the smallbores and the friendly sponsor or otherwise known as Eley, you pay, you take!
  11. Thats no way to talk about Mr & Mrs Gravel..... :D
  12. I've had a lot of free testing and some free ammunition out of Eley (about 10K rounds, although strictly speaking I had to win it, not get given it).

Testing at the customer range got mildly awkward when they moved their factory and had a sudden attack of "Elf'n'Safety" - we couldn't sit the rugrats in the back room with a DVD, "no children on site, it's not safe"...
  13. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

Still the kids could lick the ear wax that eley put on the bullets couldnt they?