Discussion in 'Weapons, Equipment & Rations' started by jayne-doh, Oct 28, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi everyone, I'm new here, I have what is hopefully a simple question for you. How long does an FMT600 last, I have one, however, I don't know if it's current. It doesn't have an expiry date on it, are they meant to have one? It was issued in 2000, MT is not my thing, sorry. The only reason that I ask is because I might be driving shortly.

Thank you.

Jayne x
  2. Fugly

Fugly LE DirtyBAT

Your Matrix Test (on the back of it) is valid for 3 years, so you're out of date.

Get a Matrix Test done with your MT before you drive.
  3. You need as new one. :wink:
  4. Thank you, I'll book a test ASAP, what do I do with my old FMT600, bin it?

Jayne x
  5. Fugly

Fugly LE DirtyBAT

No, take it with you. All your vehicle familiarisations will need to be carried forward to your new one.
  6. Your FMT600 is only valid if the Matrix test is in date and you are still serving with the Unit that issued it.
    When you change Unit the details should be transfered to a new permit issued by the new Unit after passing the required tests, the old permit should then be returned to the issuing Unit.
  7. Oh, I didn't realise that. So even though my FMT600 looks like it expired in 2003 (Based on the fact that the life of an FMT600 is 3 years and mine is date stamped 2000) I can still transfer my vehilce fams across that were done over 5 years ago?

Thanks for help so far.

Jayne x
  8. Fugly

Fugly LE DirtyBAT

Your fams get carried over, however you still require refresher training if you haven't driven the vehicle type for over 12 months, if you apply the rules correctly.

JSP800 is a rivetting read.
  9. Thank you everyone for your answers, I must have a look at JSP800 sometime.

A final one, how many questions are in the Matrix Test and how long do you get, if my memory serves me right they are multiple choice questions and are pretty straight forward.

Jayne x
  10. Fugly

Fugly LE DirtyBAT

Without checking, i believe it's 30 questions, multiple guess. No time limit. The questions are fairly straight forward, just always err on the side of safety and you're laughing.
  11. Thank you.

Jayne x
  12. Fugly

Fugly LE DirtyBAT

You're welcome.

Now, click HERE, oblige, and pop along to the Naafi afterwards. :D
  13. As a civvie who does alot with my local Cadets is there any way I can get an FMT600 (or equivalent) so I can drive MoD vehicles on Cadet activities?
  14. Fao: Remebrat,

I suggest ypu speak to the respective CoC/MT officer within the establishment your cadets are based in respect of your query for obtaining an FMT600
  15. REMEbrat, the route you need to follow is via your forces liaison or County or Wing HQ. Normally CFAVs can get their FMT refreshed at annual camps (that's where mine was done).

[Edit: for typing too fast]