Fmed 965?

Discussion in 'Professionally Qualified, RAMC and QARANC' started by Mongoose, Feb 11, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Anyone enlighten me as to what this is and where I can get one? I've looked on the ever-so-helpful army forms (which seems to work some days and not the next) and can't spy it.. cheers.

2. Its the operational Medical card isued when troops deploy instead of taking the fmed 4.

try your medical centre

3. As 'cokecan' said, it is the Operational Medical Record which is carried with you at all times when on ops. If you report to the med centre at any time and have treatment, a record is made in your 965. Once you return home, the 965 is then filed in your FMed 4.

As for asking at your med centre, I know that sometimes med centres will only get a supply of 965s just prior to deployment, rather than have a supply gathering dust in a cupboard 'just in case'.

4. Aha, makes sense since its for someone going to Belize.

We don't actually have a med centre which doesn't help, luckily there's a field ambulance near by that should have some.

Cheers guys

5. we still have field ambulances? unless of course you are in the land of soda bread.

6. How many do you need? I have a few dozen sitting by me right now.. not that I'm on here during work hours of course...

7. Just one and I have no idea why I put Field Ambulance instead of Hospital?! Maybe they've had some retention issues? 8O

8. With IMSB isn't that what the 'new' medical regiments are, just with a different title?

9. soon the ambulance trains will run again as well!

10. Even if they are late because of the wrong type of leaves :)

11. Is the 965 issued to everyone going overseas, regardless of where you go?
    Is it for operations as well as exercises?
    Are the booklets kept in the fmed 4 on return or is the information transferred?

When was the 965 introduced?

Thanks for your help!

12. Yes
    Yes
    Vaccinations etc should be transferred, then 965 is filed.

Haven't a scoobies

13. Its a piece of card that gets filled out wrong and results in you being given the same jab twice!

Or was that just me?