Fmed 965?

Anyone enlighten me as to what this is and where I can get one? I've looked on the ever-so-helpful army forms (which seems to work some days and not the next) and can't spy it.. cheers.

As 'cokecan' said, it is the Operational Medical Record which is carried with you at all times when on ops. If you report to the med centre at any time and have treatment, a record is made in your 965. Once you return home, the 965 is then filed in your FMed 4.

As for asking at your med centre, I know that sometimes med centres will only get a supply of 965s just prior to deployment, rather than have a supply gathering dust in a cupboard 'just in case'.

Aha, makes sense since its for someone going to Belize.

We don't actually have a med centre which doesn't help, luckily there's a field ambulance near by that should have some.

Cheers guys

Mongoose said:
luckily there's a field ambulance near by that should have some.
we still have field ambulances? unless of course you are in the land of soda bread.

How many do you need? I have a few dozen sitting by me right now.. not that I'm on here during work hours of course...

soon the ambulance trains will run again as well!

Is the 965 issued to everyone going overseas, regardless of where you go?
Is it for operations as well as exercises?
Are the booklets kept in the fmed 4 on return or is the information transferred?

When was the 965 introduced?

Thanks for your help!

afs2006 said:
Is the 965 issued to everyone going overseas, regardless of where you go?
Is it for operations as well as exercises?
Are the booklets kept in the fmed 4 on return or is the information transferred?

When was the 965 introduced?

Thanks for your help!
Yes
Yes
Vaccinations etc should be transferred, then 965 is filed.

Haven't a scoobies