flying to the falklands as a civvy

I went to the Falklands in Jan this year, on a staff ride. Now my uncle (ex 3 para) wants to go out there and have a look around. How does he go about getting a flight out there? Tried google but not much help, is there someone i can contact at Brize? Or where is the best place to start?

Who runs the air bridge to the Falklands now? Has it been outsourced to Air India or is it still done with a RAF Tri-Star?

I'm intrigued by the MoD offer of a "premium economy" service. Does that mean the cabin crew don't swear at you and you get to go to the toilet during the flight?

Ravers

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
The wife sells luxury tours down south, Im on the iPhone so can't do a link, but Im sure if you google "cox and kings falklands" you'll get something.

I went to the Falklands in Jan this year, on a staff ride. Now my uncle (ex 3 para) wants to go out there and have a look around. How does he go about getting a flight out there? Tried google but not much help, is there someone i can contact at Brize? Or where is the best place to start?
You seriously aren't all there are you?

Woof+Woof+Woof+Bark.jpg

M

Mark The Convict

Another thread that was doomed from the start. Has someone released a giant cloud of hallucinogenic gas upwind of the UK?

Not you again, listen, it doesn't matter how much you pay me, I'm not ******* you again.
You ******* wish. I'm fed up, not hard up.

Wanna see my penguins? I'll show you my puppy dag if you play nice.

Talk cricket to me, you shithouse.

TheIronDuke

ADC
Book Reviewer
Oh, FFS. The guy asked a perfectly sensible question and gets slated.
Yes, the RAF does operate flights which civilians can access. The information is here:
Falklands Information Web Portal - MOD Flights

Mind you, his Googling skills are pretty shit.
Thanks for that. I think we are clear on the flying thing. So, do I have to shag Ravers or Dale now?

[video=youtube;vgZm8okgH6c]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtube_gdata_player&v=vgZm8okgH6c[/video]