Flying Tigers hunt submarines off Norway

Discussion in 'Royal Navy' started by MoD_RSS, Jul 6, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

2. Thanks for that , its almost like we have a viable armed forces . Two helis you say ? bet the russians are shitting themselves

3. Was a time when Nimrods hunted submarines off Norway.

Now? We get to watch the Canadian, French, German and Norwegian MPA's.

4. I just have the impression that as a result of the shrinking of our armed forces, what would have been regarded as just doing one's job twenty years ago is now being touted as news simply because there is nothing else to shout about. Cue more non-stories about servemen and women doing their jobs...

Perhaps it is time we just binned the titles Army, Navy and Air Force and simply renamed the lot as the UK Self Defence Force...

Rodney2q

5. Ask the Canadians about the wisdom of that.

6. Geez Very dissapointed. Was picturing Shark Mouthed P-40B/C's from American Volunteer Groups 2nd Pursuit led by Tex Hill......

7. Goatman

Goatman LE Book Reviewer

Ah...the All American 'Cadillac of the Skies' - the one with a Rolls Royce engine you mean ? ;-)
    [​IMG]

( for those who really haven't grasped this yet - no, not YOU! - Mod_RSS is an automatic update feed from the main Ministry of Defence | Defence News website )

8. <spotter Mode On>

Cadillac of the Skies was the P51 Mustang.

<spotter Mode Off>

9. Goatman

Goatman LE Book Reviewer

Hmm really ? Could I ask you to identify the shotgun sported by the underdressed beauty in the Cheerleaders thread by chance?

So good to have people about the place keeping us all on the rails.....haven't seen 'Empire of the Sun' for ages....

10. What shotgun?

11. Goatman

Goatman LE Book Reviewer

Indeed...Are you by chance related to VvvaaanMaaan ?
    I think we should be told.....

12. I can now see why you would say that, but having seen his post at least five times previously, I hadn't noticed that he'd written anything.