Flying Tigers hunt submarines off Norway

Ministry of Defence said:
Merlin helicopters and crews from 814 Naval Air Squadron (814 NAS) have returned from the Norwegian Sea, where they took part in a NATO anti-submarine warfare exercise.

More...

Was a time when Nimrods hunted submarines off Norway.

Now? We get to watch the Canadian, French, German and Norwegian MPA's.

I just have the impression that as a result of the shrinking of our armed forces, what would have been regarded as just doing one's job twenty years ago is now being touted as news simply because there is nothing else to shout about. Cue more non-stories about servemen and women doing their jobs...

Perhaps it is time we just binned the titles Army, Navy and Air Force and simply renamed the lot as the UK Self Defence Force...

Rodney2q

Geez Very dissapointed. Was picturing Shark Mouthed P-40B/C's from American Volunteer Groups 2nd Pursuit led by Tex Hill......

Goatman

ADC
Book Reviewer
Ah...the All American 'Cadillac of the Skies' - the one with a Rolls Royce engine you mean ? ;-)

( for those who really haven't grasped this yet - no, not YOU! - Mod_RSS is an automatic update feed from the main Ministry of Defence | Defence News website )

Goatman

ADC
Book Reviewer
Hmm really ? Could I ask you to identify the shotgun sported by the underdressed beauty in the Cheerleaders thread by chance?

So good to have people about the place keeping us all on the rails.....haven't seen 'Empire of the Sun' for ages....

Hmm really ? Could I ask you to identify the shotgun sported by the underdressed beauty in the Cheerleaders thread by chance?

So good to have people about the place keeping us all on the rails.....haven't seen 'Empire of the Sun' for ages....
What shotgun?