Flying the flag!

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by coolcee, Jul 11, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Glad to see that britain will now (at last ) start to fly the union flag on all government and local government buildings! time to go a step further and get the george cross flying in england If it offends anyone then tough! better start soon before the flag burners burn them all!
  2. I have no problem at all with the flying of flags in general, but some of those who do fly flags do offend me, be they BNP or Jihadi.
  3. The point is the Union Flag is the flag of Britain. All other flags should not be flown without it flying first on BRITISH government buildings. The St George Cross, the Saltire, Ulster flag or Puff should be flown with pride but not on government buildings

I also hope we don't see any plonkers hang it upside down.

4. You will OFO, you will...
  5. I still see squaddies doing that even when they have the toggle for guidance! :x
  6. Biped

Biped LE Book Reviewer

Why would they fly the Union Jack on all gummint buildings? That would smack of hypocrisy (more of it). This gummint is devolving this great country into 'authorities', 'assemblies', 'zones' and fecking 'districts'. There is more validity from their self-serving point of view to fly the puff, St George, Saltire and the Red bl00dy crescent.

If I feel so inclined, I shall fly the Union Jack, the Saltire, St George, Puff, Ulster flag or any combination thereof outside my house. Woe betide any half-witted bureaucratic muppet that comes knocking to tell me I'm in breach of their regs. I don't need some penny-pinching and thieving jock politicians to give me permission.
  7. Definition of bravery/stupidity is having your little country flag sticker on the bumper of your car. Usually a St Georges Cross or St Andrews. See them all the time My particular neck of the ME is quite tame but even so!!

Still maybe its the wife's car and the life policy is paid up.

8. Thats right up there with flags half way down the pole for half mast as small things that get right on my thrupenny bits :x
  9. What flag is Puff?
  10. Puff - the Magic Dragon (sorry boyos but I could not remember the name!)
  11. TheIronDuke

TheIronDuke LE Book Reviewer

I do. Clearly the Civil Servants in the building are in distress and calling for an assist. Its an emergency of some sort so its feet first no surrender. You can sort out the details whan you have quelled the emergency and the suspects have stopped twitching.

Not a Court in the land would convict.
  12. tomorrow is the 12th! every town in ni is showing its loyalty to the crown
  13. And it looks f***ing fantastic!!
  14. Very Good! Now, can you brave UVF lads stop selling drugs and grassing your "comrades' for long enough to gather rocks to throw at the mean Papist schoolchidren? "We'll fight the British Army to remain British" F*king brilliant... :?
  15. nonsense this is a day for loyal ulster